Chapter 5: Mending a Sad Soul

I decided to walk home alone, not wanting to see Elle or Beatrice. I was confused and upset about Elle's recent decision to join Beatrice's horrible friends.

          When I was getting ready to jog home, my eyes diverted toward an angry Beatrice walking up to Elle, her new friends, and those abnormal talking crows. I didn't know what was happening or what had happened, so I decided to find out and make my way there by walking.

          "So you just lied about me being friends with my besties!? Elle, you witch, you always complain about me being a nutcase, you are turning into the exact same brand as me, and the reason why I bully you is because you are a loser, and you and Everett deserve it," said Beatrice.

          "You just did what just now, Elle," I exclaimed, looking at them with a heated expression. "This is not real; Elle would never lie to anyone or still people away from any friend group," I thought.

          "E-Everett, I can explain," said Elle, shaken up.

          "Oh, Everett, you made it just in time. Guess what your favorite sister just told me," said Beatrice, looking at me with a grin. She had an evil look, and she folded her arms with pleasure.

          "I know, and I heard everything! Why, Elle, why would you lie to someone and replace people out of their own friend group," I asked, looking at Elle in disbelief.

          "Everett, I didn't mean it! I was forced to lie," responded Elle, walking towards me. Patrisha, Winter, Hazel, and Patrick slapped their heads, and Miranda turned mad.

          Miranda's eyes turned ghostly white, and she sprinted toward Elle, Beatrice, and her former friends. She used a force never seen and possible in this world on them.

          Before I knew it, Miranda floated them into the air on their backs. It appeared Miranda was using telekinesis, and I was shocked. "YOU BETRAYING RATS, AND HOW DARE YOU, ELLE, FOR LYING TO MY FACE," yelled Miranda at her enemies as I stood there with bewilderment.

          "Y-YOU FREAK! LET US GO THIS VERY INSTANT, YOU NARCISSISTIC WITCH," screamed Beatrice, glaring at Miranda.

          "FINE, HAVE YOUR PETTY FRIEND GROUP! I DON'T CARE!

          "I ALREADY HAVE LOYAL ANIMALS KEEPING ME COMPANY THAT WILL NEVER BETRAY ME, AND I DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF IT ANYMORE," replied Miranda. Miranda stopped the robust control of her strange powers, causing Elle, Beatrice, and Miranda's former friends to fall with a thud.

          To my shock, Miranda flew into the air and screamed like a madwoman, and the weird crows followed her. She was like a thunderbolt hitting a telephone pole, and I couldn't believe my eyes. "There is no way this girl has telekinesis; is she a fairy or something," I said, looking at the furious girl fly off with her crows.

          "I don't know...I have never seen a girl like her before, and what were those creepy white eyes she appeared," said Elle.

          "I don't know, but I'm never talking to her again, and none of you," said Beatrice, running from them. Her former friends tried to stop her, but Beatrice kept running away.

          It was just me and Elle; we were at a loss for words. "Everett, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for any of this to happen," Elle said, walking towards me.

          I sighed, and I folded my arms. "Elle, I forgive you, but I want to be alone right now. If you are heading home, please tell Mom that I will be back very soon and taking a walk in the meadow," I said.