Chapter 21: Three Wishes

Annabelle held the red lamp and rubbed it. Magic in gray and red smoke came out of the lamp like a volcano spewing ash, and a figure flew in red. He was 10½ inches tall, had spiral-like legs that made his entire body look like a tornado, and had the most dignified facial expression ever.

          He looked at Annabelle with a majestic facial expression, and everyone got nervous (especially Annabelle).

          "Greetings, warriors! My name is Boiling Bake! I am a genie in the Red Lamp—a lamp guarded by the all-powerful Alkali, Serpentine, and Hissy!

          "I assume that you, young lady, and two others have passed the test of worthiness to receive my three wishes," clarified Boiling Bake.

          "Yes," answered Annabelle, nodding her head determinedly.

          "Correct answer: I like your confidence! The three of you who passed the test of worthiness from the great Alkali make your way forward," resumed Boiling Bake. Kevin walked towards Annabelle while Polly perched on Annabelle's right shoulder; they had confident facial expressions, with Boiling Bake examining them.

          "Mighty warriors, these three wishes that you three will receive will be the most important wishes you will make now. Think wisely, and let there be no pressure in deciding; feel free to take as much time as needed to think about the important things," said Boiling Bake. The three nodded their heads to the genie with understanding, and Boiling Bake would be pleased with their respectful hearts.

          "What is your first wish," asked Boiling Bake, folding his arms.

          "Our first wish is for a new spaceship with the same functions as before. It got destroyed in the blood rain storm, and it was my father's spaceship; we want everything to be the same as before," said Annabelle.

          "Interesting proposition, you three and the outside sources make a strong will for a need of transportation, and since your spaceship unfortunately exploded, you want a replacement? Indeed—yes, your wish shall be granted, and everyone to the left will place it," said the genie.

          The genie made some hand motions and magic in the first of the black dust and then went to the left. The summit of Mount Arduous was large enough to hold the new Freedom Fighter Squad's Spaceship, and everyone was amazed at Boiling Bake's power.

          "Now, what is your second wish? Take your time indeed," asked Boiling Bake, folding his arms. The three took their time to decide while everything was quiet, and Boiling Bake patiently waited for a response.

          "Our second wish is for all team members to have happy moments, and everyone who left will have equally as many as us. Many of us are not too lucky in the world, and people receiving bad luck deserve a bit of happy moments in their lives," said a calm Kevin.

          "Compelling argument indeed. Well, most likely, I won't be able to grant everyone a happy moment; depending on their attitude and faith, there will be signs of one.

          "Nonetheless, your second wish will be granted," said Boiling Bake. He made some hand motions, and a sparkle of bright light in the form of Christmas colors scattered around the room and disappeared. Everyone was in awe of Boiling Bake's powers and was happy they would finally get on the road again!

          "Now, this is your final wish as a group, so think wisely on this one! What is your third and final wish? A wish that should be thoughtful and well received," asked Boiling Bake, folding his arms. Everyone thought well and hard about the last wish, and Polly would be the one to say it.

          "Since Kevin wished for happy moments among people on and off the team, our final wish is to eradicate evil among all creatures, whether they are human, crow, or anything. People who breathe evil deserve a bit of closure with good, and everyone deserves that type of life," said Roger.

          "This is another spectacular argument indeed. Most likely, I can't destroy evil in the entirety of all creatures, but I can base a happy ending on the actions of the being.

          "I can also try to compel people to do the right thing, but the species' actions can only be determined by the heart, so I can't force it.

          "But nonetheless, your third and final wish shall be granted," said Boiling Bake. He made some hand motions, and a flash of heavenly magic in green dust spread through the cave.

          "Your three wishes have proved that you care significantly for one another and wish for people to get over their struggles, but you must know that creatures of all kinds have either made up their minds or chosen to change. Therefore, the heart and soul decide their choices, and such wishes as mine can't force them to change their minds.

          "Keep my words in mind as you continue your journey, Freedom Fighter Squad, and may faith be with all of you, including those not here. Thank you for your time and worthiness, and I shall be in this red lamp once more and many times," said Boiling Bake.

         With gray and red smoke, the genie re-entered the red lamp; Annabelle set the lamp gently on the ground, and everyone walked backward.

          Just when the Freedom Fighter Squad, the 76 animals, and Jessica walked far enough away from the red lamp, the three statues magically moved in the same formation as before, further concealing the lamp from the others. Everyone was amazed and looked at each other with amazement.

          "Well, that is that," said Polly, looking at the statues in awe.

          "Yeah, and I must say those are thoughtful wishes there, you three! Congrats," said Aarti, happily.

          "Yeah, I was personally amazed by Kevin's wish. He usually is serious and folds his arms a lot, which gives us the impression that he is in a bad mood all the time," said Caitlyn, folding her arms.

          "Hey, even serious people like me have a soft side. Don't judge a book by its cover," retorted Kevin, looking at Caitlyn.

          "And in case any of you noticed, we got our spaceship back, and good work to everyone that fought that griffin. Now, it's time to find the next three members of the prophecy," announced the Black Emerald.

          "I unfortunately have to go. Who knows what trouble my cousin is getting into, and I must see where he ran to," said Jessica.

          "We wish you the best of luck in your adventures, Jessica, and please be safe. It is a big world out there, and there are plenty of dangers," smiled Allison, hugging her. Jessica accepted the hug, pulled away, nodded, and walked away from everyone, getting ready to jump off the summit of Mount Arduous.

          Everyone waved goodbye to Jessica as she descended Mount Arduous; she was like a whisper at night, and everyone paid attention to their brand-new spaceship. Annabelle opened the entrance to the spaceship with her telekinesis powers, and a new chapter would begin for the Freedom Fighter Squad.

          Everyone walked inside the Freedom Fighter Squad's Spaceship, and the Black Emerald recreated his miniature spaceship with the same colors as before. Everyone was speechless about how everything was left the same, and the genie got Annabelle's wish just right.

          The colors—the objects and functions in the correct place, and many more things!

          The road after the events on Abnormality Island was only the start of the Freedom Fighter Squad's adventure, and there is still a long way to go. They got 19 out of the 24 members of the prophecy found, and they still have five more to go.

          However, thanks to the Freedom Fighter Squad's courage and willingness to move forward and fight through the fire, they have proved that they can do anything if they put their mind to it. They went through hardship, emotional rollercoasters, and many events that strengthened everyone's bonds and made them enjoyable.

          Now, moments in the Freedom Fighter Squad will get livelier than ever, and events will be exciting and demanding. There will be twists and turns, mouth-dropping moments, and occurrences that will confuse everyone. Get ready, everyone, because the journey continues!