Chapter 17: The Dramatic Vampire

Mrs. Rosemary led the Freedom Fighter Squad and the 76 animals outside Dusk Mansion, and she faced them while the blood rain continued. "Farewell on your journey, master Drascone, and make sure to visit us and your father once in a while," said Mrs. Rosemary.

         "I will, and can you tell everyone goodbye?" Asked Drascone, facing Mrs. Rosemary.

          "Most certainly, Drascone! I can do that. Have a safe journey, everyone. Take care of one another, as Mr. Whitlock declared, and I must attend to my duties as a maid," smiled Mrs. Rosemary.

          Everyone wished Mrs. Rosemary their goodbyes, and the Freedom Fighter Squad walked away from Dusk Mansion with excited hearts.

          "I like your father, Drascone; he sounds like a good guy," said Elle.

          "Thanks for the compliment; my father and mother are both inspiring leaders toward me and everyone who lives at Dusk Mansion. My father and mother worked hard to preserve this place for vampires only and to keep human environmentalists and governments from Eldora out of here," replied Drascone, looking at the blood rain.

          "Environmentalists and the government!? Why would the government be after you," asked Caitlyn, looking at Drascone.

          "Because Eldora owns this island, and they have been trying to rid our race of vampires for good, and they have been coming on this island in groups and taking us out, including me and my father. Our ancestry chain is the oldest and has existed since we moved onto this island. However, that was long before my time, which began at 650 years. I am 621 years old, by the way," answered Drascone.

          "Then how old is your father, and why do you look like a teenager?" Samuel asked.

          "My father is 650 years old, and I look like a teenager because our bloodline is quite different. You see, fathers and mothers in our bloodline who give birth to vampiric children only look like specific ages before adulthood, and in my cast, I look like a 16-year-old," said Drascone as he closed his eyes. 

          "Interesting. So, in your bloodline, children can look anything like a child, little kid, or teenager, but not an adult," said Genius. 

          "Right, but my father is different. He is the start of our ancient bloodline, and he was created out of many drops of blood formed together to create one undead creature," said Drascone.

          The Freedom Fighter Squad were speechless as they all considered what Drascone had to say. They were also intrigued, including Everett, who loved many mythological creatures and thought they were intriguing.

          "How does being turned into a vampire work? I've heard of the process, but I don't know how it works," asked Beatrice.

          "A vampire bites you on the neck, and then the venom makes you feel woozy, and it will turn you into a vampire. After that, you gain magical powers, such as superhuman speed, strength, and many other things," I replied.

          "Correct, but the bite doesn't need to be just on the neck; it can be anywhere on the human body, and I personally don't like biting humans and other mythological creatures," replied Drascone.

          "If you don't bite humans, then what do you eat to stay alive?" Genius asked curiously.

          "The blood rain is what vampires on this drink. Powerful vampires such as my mother and father set this system of blood rain to go at random times so we can be complete without biting other humans, animals, and mythological creatures.