sixteen

JUNGKOOK

Listen carefully. You might hear my heart jumping. My eyes widened hearing the knock and instantly looked to Taehyung, who held the same frightened expression.

"Why is your door locked?" Jin hyung's voice resonated.

"I'm busy!" I responded to him, then looked back to Taehyung, retracting my hands from where they rested on his waist, already missing it. "You have to hide."

"There is nothing more important than me, open up," Jin ordered.

"Where should I hide?" Taehyung asked panicked and the first and most obvious thing I thought about was my big black wooden closet. "Closet."

He nodded and did just that, not leaving before he gave me one last peck in the lips. I grinned to myself. Once he was invisible, I brushed my hand through my hair, dropped my expression and finally opened the door. "What are you doing here? And at this hour?"

Jin glared at me. "Is that how you greet your oldest brother nowadays?" Without permission, he entered my room and all I could think about was Taehyung hiding in my damn closet. "It's late, I was about to go to sleep—

"Were you jerking off? Why is your face so red?"

"No," I backed away when he tried to touch my forehead, "I wasn't jerking off." If my face was already red before his comment, what colour was it now? "Look, hyung. I'm really not in the mood to talk right now."

"Not even about your little problem that starts with T and ends with AEHYUNG?" I could talk about Taehyung day and night and I would never get tired of it, but not when he is literally here and can here everything.

"Especially not about that. Let's talk tomorrow—

"No, tomorrow you'll need to fix things with him. We need to talk now. This can't go on like this," he reasoned. Internally, I wondered what Taehyung must be thinking while listening. I just hope Jin doesn't say anything embarrassing. "Okay, say what you want to say and leave."

He scoffed. "I'm trying to help. Appreciate it," he sat down on my bed. "I talked to Taehyung before practice today."

I took the space next to him. "What did he say?"

"He told me you fought. What have you done?"

I internally groaned. Here we go again. "I... kind of messed up?"

"But how?" He asked, curiously.

I cursed under my breath. "That's not important. All I know for sure is, we won't be talking to each other for next few days."

"B-but... You don't make sense. You both just have to confess your stupid feelings to each other and everything will be fine—

"How do you know? Maybe he doesn't even like me back?"

He stared at me. "You are stupid, if you think Taehyung doesn't like you back. Shouldn't you know after watching all those Taekook compilations—

I clasped my hand against his mouth, my heart jumping in my chest as embarrassment seeped through every little vein inside of me. That was something Taehyung wasn't supposed to hear. "Y-you t-think so?" I played it off. I could literally start crying right now.

Jin grabbed my wrist and pushed my hand away, glaring at me. "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY HANDSOME FACE?"

I giggled awkwardly. "Y-you should talk more quietly, I don't want anyone to hear us."

"What do you mean? The door is closed," he pointed out the obvious.

I took a deep breath. "It doesn't matter anymore," it's too late anyways, "is that all you want to tell me?" I really wanted him to leave.