𝟒𝟎. 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

The next morning, everyone was gathered around the dining table, chatting and enjoying breakfast. It was a rare day off for Raghav, who wasn’t going to the office, and Pihu had taken the opportunity to advise Ritu.

'This is the best time Ritu' Pihu whispered to Ritu through her eyes.

'He is in good mood now,you should tell him now'.

Ritu, however, nervously pleaded with Pihu to give her more time. She wasn’t ready. The silent exchange didn’t go unnoticed by Raghav, who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you two saying to each other? Care to share it with me?" Raghav teased, raising an eyebrow.

Ritu shakes her head gulping the lump in her throat. Already her both feet is shaking in fear  by looking at his face only. How could she confess the truth??

Party and clubs and at this age ,her brother will never tolerate all this and top of the that if he found out that she got drunk there..

Gaining some courage, Ritu finally faced her brother. Her breathing become fast.

"Bhaiya, I need to tell you something…"

Raghav smiled warmly. "Go on then, tell me."

Ritu hesitated, her heart pounding.
"Remember I told you a few days ago that I went to Anisha's cousin's birthday party?"

"Yeah, so?" Raghav replied casually, unaware of what was coming next.

Ritu closed her eyes, trembling. "Well... I was ly—"

"Hey, RITUUUUU!"

Anisha burst through the door, smiling brightly and waving at her. Ritu's heart sank, her throat get dry seeing her.Of all the times Anisha could have shown up, it had to be now."Anisha!"

It's the first time that Ritu is cursing her sudden arrival.

Ritu exclaimed, quickly hugging her in reflex, her voice shaky.

"What are you doing here? You didn’t even call to say you were coming!"

"Don't ask, yaar!" Anisha sighed. "My phone’s recharge ran out this morning, so I couldn't call you. And Bhaiya here invited me over. He said he had something for me."

Ritu's eyes darted nervously toward Raghav for confirmation.

Raghav nodded. "Yeah, I called her. You two chat, I’ll be right back."

Anisha waved him off, but as she turned back to Ritu, her smile faltered. The excitement she'd expected from Ritu was nowhere to be found. Its totally blank.

Anisha grabbed her hand,as she asked her in slow voice, 'What happened to you?? Is something troubling you?'

Ritu quickly shakes her head giving a nervous smile,

'Troubling me ?? What?? Nothing yaar..I'm all fine ..you are just overthinking'

But even to her own ears, the words felt empty. Anisha looked at her closely, sensing something was off.