Chapter 6 - Mind Mischief

We make it outside of the compound and I see Vision flying as quickly as he can and it seems like he is heading towards the Avengers side of the compound. I look at Wanda and I hold her so we take off in the air, as I am a faster flyer. I see Vision land and start walking towards our entrance. I make sure to land as closely as I can to him and we rush over towards him.

"Vision. Is he in there?" I ask and he quickly pushes back trying to get us out of eye range.

"Y/N, Wanda, you both should not be here. I need you both to stay outside and out of sight. It will be too dangerous Y/N." Wanda and I both give him a look and he understands that we are not going to listen to him. He lets out a sigh as he shakes his head. "Very well, please stay close."

We enter the compound and the lights seem to be cut off. "Did he hack the system?" I ask.

"It seems so. No one should be able to do that." We slowly start entering the common area right before the kitchen. It is a very open space and easy for someone to hide.

I start to get a strong sensation and it's almost as if I can feel him appear behind me. I quickly released my power and let it shield Wanda as I anticipated he was going to try and hurt her. I feel the crash of his hit on my shield and I quickly turn around. He and I both lock eyes and I push Wanda behind me as I step out in front of her.

Wanda tries to quickly react and throws a blast at him. He jumps out of the way and lands close to me.

"It is time you come with me Y/N. I have been very patient with you. I need you."

"No gonna happen." Wanda sternly says as she starts preparing another blast. I walk in front of her to see if I can keep this from escalating any further.

"Bucky, this is not you. Just let us help you, please. We will figure all of this out." He takes off running toward me and before he can even touch me Wanda engulfs him in her power. He is suspended in the air as Vision stands next to me.

"Y/N, I feel your power circulating in him. It is very strange. I can't access his mind. It's blocked by you somehow." Wanda says. I see her still trying to enter his mind, but I want to make sure we have him somewhere secure.

"Vision we have to get him in a cell now. Let the others know to get here quickly."

"Well, this is not how I expected the night to go." We hear a familiar voice and we all turn.

"Scott?" How did you get here...and why are you holding Jean like that?" I ask as we see Scott standing at the doorway holding Jean in a chokehold.

"Y/N- I-It's n-not Scott." Jean tries her best to say.

"Oh, you two have history? I don't think the Mrs. will be too fond of that Y/N."

"Who are you?" I ask and I see Vision trying his best to sneak behind Scott.

"Come any closer and I will kill her."

"OK, ok. Vision stand down. Take care of Bucky." I manage to to quickly say in Vision's mind and I turn to look at Wanda. "Are you ok?" I mouth to her.

"I have him." Wanda says as she nods.

"Well ok, I think we all waited long enough." A green aura quickly surrounds Scott, who we now see revealed to be Loki. I feel the anger begin to course through my body. "Well, I presume you know who I am."

"Y/N..." I hear Wanda call out for me, but I don't turn to look at her. At this moment, all I can do is stare at Loki as I try and anticipate his next move.

"This whole time, it's been you?" I ask.

"The one and only." He says with a smug smile on his face. "Well, I guess I did have help from that one over there and that one up there. Well up there in the sky. I assume you know who I am speaking of. This reminds me, I still need to collect Ms. Romanoff and Ms. Belova. Will they be here soon? I don't feel like wasting my time going to look for them."