Chapter 28 - All Eyes on Me

Tony's POV

Things didn't go according to plan

Things didn't go according to plan. Strange had been captured by Maw, and now it was up to me to save him.

"In all the time that I've served Thanos, I've never failed him. You are lucky that Proxima and Corvus were able to retrieve two stones. Now I can use you as bait for the rest." I listened and watched from above as Maw tortured Strange. My heart pounded as I tried to think of a plan, but then I realized what I had just heard.

"How did they get the stones? Y/N? Dammit, I really hope she is ok." I say to myself as my mind begins to worry. I have to stay focused and get us out of here.

Something tapped me on the arm, startling me. I raised my hand, ready to shoot, but quickly lowered it when I saw what it was. Strange's cloak.

"Wow, you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" I murmured, speaking to the animated piece of cloth.

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty..." I heard behind me and spun around quickly.

"What the—..." I sighed deeply, annoyed, as I saw Peter.

"I know what you're gonna say," He said, trying to defuse the situation.

"You should not be here," I said sternly, glaring at him.

"I was gonna go home—..." Peter began, but I cut him off.

"I don't wanna hear it."

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way—..."

"And now I gotta hear it," I said, my annoyance growing.

"...And I kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here," Peter said, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and nerves.

"Seriously?! What did you just say?" I asked, unable to fathom how this was my fault.

"I take that back. But now I'm here in space," Peter defended quickly.

"Yeah. Right where I don't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. As of right now, it's a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through," I scolded, my voice rising in frustration.

"No. I did think this through."

"You could not have possibly thought this through."

"It's just— I know they are after Y/N and I want to help any way I can. I really care about her, Mr. Stark. She has been there for me and so has Wanda. I owe a lot to both of them and if this is what I can do to help, then I will," Peter said, his sincerity finally calming me. The kid might actually be able to help. I guess I just have to endure it.

"Come on. We got a situation. See him down there? We need him to get back home. He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go," I said, shifting gears.

"Um. Okay. Okay...uh...did you ever see that really old movie, Aliens?" Peter asked, hesitating.