Chapter 15 - Hold It Together

Y/N's POV

"Baby it's time to wake up." I hear a soft voice tingle in my ear and I can't help but let a smile appear on my face. The mere sound of her voice brings me such happiness and comfort. "Good morning detka. Did you purposefully make your thoughts loud so that I could her?" I don't respond, all I can do is smile as I continue to hold my eyes shut. "hmmm, well I'm happy to know I can do that for you. How about I make us some breakfast before our meeting."

"Ugh...what time is the meeting?" I ask with my eyes still closed and my voice carrying a groggy undertone.

"We have a couple of hours." Wanda trails kisses over my face as she has her body laid on top of me.

"Hmmm well, there is something I'm definitely hungry for." I say seductively as I grab Wanda and flip her under me.

"Oh, I am sure we are hungry for the same thing detka...but I think we still need to talk things out." Wanda says and I tense up a bit. I stare into her beautiful eyes as she caresses my face then I carefully lay right back down next to her. "I'm sorry Y/N, I just...I am a little worried. You had another nightmare last night, but I didn't wake you up. I um...well, I just wanted to make sure you were ok and I...."

"You peeked in my dream?" I ask already knowing what Wanda was worried to tell me.

"I am sorry Y/N, I just wanted to check on you."

"My love it's ok." I respond caressing her face. "Wands I just...I don't know what this dream means... or maybe I'm just scared of what I know it means."

"I saw her face Y/N...that woman. Your..."

"Yea...I don't know..." I say quickly cutting her off. "I don't know if I am ready to call her that, but I do have her face memorized." Wanda feels my uneasiness with the topic and now I can feel her tense with something I know she wants to tell me.

"Y/N...I know this is not an easy topic, but Loki said things. He said things about you. Their dad spoke of a child created by cosmic entities. He seemed to assume it was you. That you were created to keep the peace in the universe with the power of wielding the stones." I stare at her as she takes a pause. I can tell she is having trouble bringing up the next part. "He also said that I am destined to destroy humanity. But... I would never want to hurt anyone. More than anything detka, I never want to hurt you. I felt like I almost lost control. Loki kept repeating that I was going to lose you and...I wanted to hurt him Y/N. I almost did."

"Welcome to the club my love. I always want to hurt him whenever I see Loki." I say jokingly, trying to break Wanda out of this tension she has building up inside of her.

"I mean it Y/N..." Wanda says then looks away from me as if she is feeling shame. "For a second I almost didn't let him go. I wanted to..."

"My love, look at me, please. Whether you wanted to or not is irrelevant, because the choice you made was the right one. You didn't hurt him. Give yourself credit for that. In the moment, we all can let our thoughts get the better of us sometimes. What makes us different from the bad guys is that we know what the right thing is in the end." She looks up at me and gives me a tender smile.

"I guess you're right. Thank you Y/N." Wanda responds right before giving me a loving kiss.

"My love I don't want to think about this dream or anything that has to do with me right now. I just want to go to this meeting and then just have a relaxing day with you. please..."

"Okay Detka, we don't have to talk about it. I just want to ask you, are you going to talk to Maria about all of this? I know this will change nothing for her, but I am sure she would want to know."