Chapter 8 - OverHeated

"Y/N!" I see her flying down and she begins to run toward me as she lands. 

"Wanda! My love. I am so sorry. Are you ok? Did you get hurt?" I catch her in my arms and I hug her as tight as I can. I feel her begin to sob against me as she feels my touch.

"Y/N, Detka... I am so sorry. I didn't protect you. I am so sorry." She collapses in her arms as I hold her up.

"My love, it is me who is sorry. I am sorry for making you worry about me again. Please don't cry." I begin to leave kisses on her head as I continue to hold her tight in my arms. Thankfully this begins to put her at ease. "My love please tell me you are ok. Is everyone else ok too?" I see the sadness in Wanda's eyes as I now hold her face in my hands.

"I am fine Detka, but no, things went bad. They took Nat and Yelena. Everyone is in the conference room right now." Wanda explains and I see Vision flying down and landing beside us.

"Y/N, I am pleased to see you."

"Thank you, Vis. Thank you for keeping Wanda safe." He gives me a nod and I let go of Wanda to hug him. "Vis, do you think you can help our guests inside? We need to make sure they are safe from Loki. Then meet us in the conference room. We are heading there now. We have a lot to go over."

"Right away Y/N."

"Jane, Darcy, I promise I will make sure you both are safe. I just need to meet with the team first to explain it all. Oh um, My love, this is Dr. Jane Foster and Dr. Darcy Lewis, they are friends of Thor and they helped me. Jane, Darcy, this is Wanda Maximoff, my girlfriend...Darcy."

"What? I wasn't...oh, I am assuming you can read my mind. Sorry... but you can't blame me. She is hot."

"Yeah...Um, thank you. Nice to meet you both. I am glad you are safe. Like Y/N said we will keep you safe."

"And this is Vision, he will take you in and get you settled until we can come up with a plan." I say.

"Thank you Y/N and thank you Wanda." Jane says and I just give her a nod.

"My love hold my hand." Wanda gives me a confused look but holds my hand anyway. I close my eyes and think about the conference room and I feel that surge of energy again. I quickly open my eyes and I see everyone swiftly turn their heads towards us.

"Y/N!" Kate shouts and the tone of her voice throws me off a bit. She sounds angry. I need to check on her. I start looking at everyone.

"Hey guys." Maria was the first one to come and hug me.

"Y/N I am so glad you are ok. What happened? Are you hurt?"

"No, I am good Ria."

"Kid, really happy to see you." Tony comes and hugs me. It catches me off guard, but I hug him tightly. "Y/N what happened? You need to catch us up now." He continues as I see the sadness in Kate's and Maria's eyes.

"Y/N you need to get them back." Kate says as she stares at me and now I am sure I see a bit of anger. "The Widows took Yelena and someone else took Nat back to Dreykov."

"Kate, I promise you, I will get them back."

"You better... Y/N, I am happy you are ok, I just... I can't be here right now." Kate storms off and I can understand the worry she has, but I know I am missing something. I feel Wanda caress my back and she gives me a sad smile.

"Ok first things first, I need to find Loki. If I find him I find the red room. After we get Nat and Yelena we have to deal with Loki."

"Lady Sapphire, I will deal with Loki." We all turn to look at Thor who has just arrived at the compound. I can't take any chances right now. I walk up to him and Wanda is right behind me. She seems to understand what I am thinking.