Chapter 10 - Don't Blame Me

Y/N's POV

I assume we arrive in Jean's room. I look around and take in the big space. "Jean...this is your room?" I ask now admiring how cozy and welcoming it feels here.

"Yeah. I used to live in a dorm when I was a student here, but now that I am a teacher I get a bigger space. I love it. It really is my home here." I see the happiness in her eyes as she talks. I get a strange sensation when I look at her. It's like my mind is trying extremely hard to remember her. I realize I am now just staring at her. "Y/N? Are you ok?"

"Yes. Sorry. I was getting that familiarity feeling again. I really do wish I did remember you, Jean."

"Y/N, like you said, we will make new memories. I am just happy to have you in my life again. Now, hurry up and go before Wanda comes furiously looking for you." A smile appears on my face as I shake my head.

"Yeah, I'll get going. Thank you again, Jean."

"Please be safe Y/N. Don't forget that I am here for you ok. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need me." Jean comes to give me a final hug. It's almost like she doesn't want to let me go.

"I promise I'll call you if things get bad Jean. I'll see you later." I hug her a little tighter before I let her go.

"I am holding you to that. See you later Y/N." I give her a small wave as I let my power take over and teleport me back to the compound.

I arrive and I am a bit saddened when I don't see Wanda in the medical room anymore, but then the sadness quickly turns into worry. I run out of the room and enter the common area and then the kitchen. Wanda is not here.

"Vision!" I call out in his mind as I run up the stairs to Wanda's room. Vision phases from the ground up to meet me in front of Wanda's door.

"Y/N is everything alright?" I don't even answer as I enter Wanda's room. My heart drops when I don't see her in there.

"Vision where is Wanda?" I walk in and go check in her restroom. Empty.

"My apologies Y/N, I thought she was in your medical room waiting for you to wake up. Did I miss something? I am delighted to see you up. How are you feeling?"

"Vision, Wanda called Jean to help bring me back. I woke up with the help of Jean and I teleported with her to drop her off back at her home. I was only gone for maybe two to three minutes. Wanda was supposed to be waiting for me...where is Wanda?" I try my best to explain as I am now running towards my room praying that she is in there.

I barge into my room and look around frantically. I am about to lose it because she is nowhere to be found. "Vision I swear I am two seconds away from panicking. I need to find Wanda. FRIDAY, give me Wanda's location."

"I am sorry Y/N, she is not in the compound."

"No no no no....what do you mean."

"FRIDAY alert Mr. Stark and the others immediately." Vision says as she gets closer to me. "Y/N, are we sure that we can trust Ms. Grey?" I pause my pacing as I look up at Vision. I have no thoughts going through my brain right now. I don't know what to do.

"Vis, all I know is that I need to find her." I say, no longer able to hold in my emotions.

"We will Y/N, but let us learn from our mistakes and inform the team. We need to work together." I know Vision is right and I would be wasting time by disagreeing with him.

"I know, let's do this quickly Vis...please."

"They are waiting for you in the conference room." FRIDAY announces and Vison acknowledges. I take hold of Vision's arm and I teleport us there.