Chapter 32 - By Any Means

Kate's POV

FRIDAY had updated us that the team would arrive within the next few minutes

I couldn't believe what Vision was telling me. Y/N was alive. She was alive and with her mother, Ajak, the same woman who had once betrayed her. It didn't make sense. How could Y/N trust her after everything?

"Vision, are you sure about this?" I asked, my voice trembling with a mix of hope and disbelief.

Vision's expression was calm. "Yes, Ms. Bishop. Y/N is alive. She's with Ajak, but it wasn't Ajak who did all those things to you all. It was one of her teammates, someone with the power to transform into others."

I shook my head, trying to wrap my mind around it. "But why would they target Y/N? Why is she a threat to them?"

Vision hesitated. "I don't know the full extent of their reasons, but her team doesn't know Y/N is Ajak's daughter. They see her as a threat, perhaps due to her potential power or something else entirely."

It was too much to process. My heart still ached with the memory of losing them all. But now there was a glimmer of hope. If Y/N was alive, maybe there was a chance to bring the others back too. I don't want to give myself false hope. I am scared to be wrong about this.

"I must tell the team Ms. Bishop, but they cannot know Y/N is alive. I fear I will have a hard time lying to them." Vision said, standing up.

I nodded. "So you need me to lie to them. Sure that is no problem. I understand that we have to keep Y/N safe. She doesn't have her power anymore. I will help you lie, but you need to take me to see Y/N."

"Ms. Bishop I don't know if that is—..."

"No Vision, I wasn't asking. I need to see her." I demanded.

"Very well, let us wait for the team in the meeting room." I followed Vision as my excitement grew. I was going to see Y/N and I couldn't be happier.

One by one the team had gathered in the meeting room. There was a new face, but Nat, Carol, Rocket, Steve, Rhodey, Bruce, and Tony entered the room. The atmosphere was tense, as they updated me and Vision on what had occurred on the mission. Everyone was reeling from what they saw as their loss.

I could see the disappointment in Vision's eyes when Steve said they killed Thanos and he did not have the stones with him. 

"Thanos did not destroy the stones," Vision said, his voice steady. I looked at everyone's surprised faces as Vision spoke.

"Vision where the hell have you been, if you don't mind me asking," Nat interjected as the rage became evident in her tone. I understand that she feels the same way I had. We all saw the footage of Vision leaving and for some of us, it looked like he had betrayed us.

"As I have explained to Ms. Bishop, I knew we would not win. I have been scouring for an answer and I believe I found one." Vision explained.

"Don't keep us in suspense now. What do you mean Thanos didn't destroy the stones?" Tony asked.