Crisis V: Survival's Price (P2)

(an: lmao i was insanely late)
In Keiwa’s bunker…
Jin gazed listlessly at the group of children playing nearby. Despite the grim circumstances all around, they laughed merrily as they pretended to do battle with toy swords and figurines.
How could they still find joy in such a bleak time? The world outside was in utter chaos, with death and destruction lurking around every corner. Jin thought back to his own difficult childhood, growing up with little and having to scrap for every meager blessing.
These children had known nothing but fear, panic and uncertainty for as long as they could remember. Yet here they were, able to block it all out if only for fleeting moments in their games of make-believe. Jin envied their innocence and ability to live in the moment.
A younger boy, no more than 5 years old, tumbled and scraped his knee. Immediately the waterworks started as pained wails echoed in the bunker. Jin watched sadly as the boy's mother rushed over to comfort him, wiping his tears with a gentle touch.
Jin smiled a little bit, just a little bit.
Ayoko was running, she was running as fast as she could.
Ayoko skidded to a halt as Pollen appeared before her, blocking the path with her Laser Riser aimed steady.
"Himeno? You're the one behind my misery!" Ayoko glared defiantly despite her panic. Pollen chuckled darkly at the name.
"That name means nothing to me now. I go by Pollen." She spun the riser mockingly. “Would love if you stop here”
Ayoko gripped her Fantasy Buckle tighter. "And what if I don't? I won't let you hurt anyone else!"
Pollen's eyes glinted with malicious glee. "So be it then. Henshin!"
[Pollen, Set.]
A swarm of holographic bees materialized around her, resonating with energy. They shot towards Ayoko in a dizzying barrage.
“Henshin!”
[Fantasy!]
Ayoko slammed her buckle down at the last second, summoning her armor just in time. The swarm impact jolted her but her armor held fast.
Wasting no time, Tora-Go darted forward amongst the dissipating swarm. Pollen fired relentlessly but Ayoko phased artfully between each shot. Closing the distance rapidly, she unleashed a flurry of claw strikes.
Yet Pollen was no slouch, evading the rake of blades with an insectoid grace. She seized one of Tora-Go's wrists and smashed her knee into the Rider's core with cyborg force. Ayoko keeled over in pain but fought through it.
When they were fighting, Geats shot Pollen from afar away.
“Go! I’ll buy you time.” he shouted.
Ayoko blinked in surprise as Pollen was driven back by the electrical force of Geats’ attack. Seeing her opportunity, Ayoko rushed to her destination.
[Flashback]
“Phew, oh my god fighting that many Jyamatos took me a good, good while” Keiwa mused as he surveyed the destroyed landscape.
Barclx appeared before him.
“Hey, wanna know some hot hot hot news?”
Keiwa blinked in surprise, “What news?”
“There is a betrayal happening right now.”
“Be- betrayal? What do you mean?”
“Do you know who’s acting weird lately?”
“What do you mean-” Keiwa’s eyes widened in realization.
Jyamatos are everywhere, it’s not uncommon to find them outside the bunkers. Everyone knows it.
But, Jin was suddenly trying to push Keiwa out of the base, why was he so scared? It is almost like…
“No! No no no-” Keiwa rushed to the base as fast as his legs could carry him.

“Even if you try to stop this now, you’re too late! Ace!” Pollen said as she’s getting shot.

Shoving through the last line of trees, Keiwa's world shattered. Fire engulfed the landscape, an blinding wall of violently flickering orange consuming everything in its path.
Through the smoke, a lone figure emerged. Instant recognition pierced Keiwa even before details came into focus.
"Jin..." he breathed in choked disbelief. The betrayer stood unflinchingly before the charred ruin, an empty vessel where a friend once resided. Behind him, an all-consuming inferno raged on unchecked.
"Was this you?!" Keiwa's voice broke as fury, sorrow and confusion battled within. Jin made no reply, merely staring ahead vacantly.
Unable to contain his torrent of emotions any longer, Keiwa lunged at Jin with an anguished howl. Fists collided with flesh until nothing else remained but raw numbness and emptiness in the ruins of all they knew.

“WHY! DAMMIT! WHY!”

DA Rules: Survival is not guaranteed for anyone.