16

After Zyla asked him the question, Zac tried to recover as best as he knew how.

"You want some ice cream or something?" He asked and her focused jumped to his face with bright eyes.

She dropped her ipad to her side and ran to the kitchen. Zac took a deep breath before he stood to follow her. All he wanted was to take a nap and it seem like each time he got comfortable, something interrupted him.

"Alright after this, daddy is going to take a nap. Don't answer the door, don't touch the stove an-

"Daddy you're talking too much" Zyla says eating her ice cream. Zac tiredly flagged her and went to go lay down.

The last thing he heard were her giggles before he fell into a deep sleep.

-

The next day rolled around and he was trying his best to put Zyla's hair in a ponytail.

"You're are moving way too slow daddy and this piece is in my face" she says holding a strand of her hair up

"Zyla I'm trying my best" he says brushing her hair again

"Daddy that's too tight!" Zyla yelled

"God" he mumbles to himself. "How about we just put a headband on? Yeah let's do a headband" he says reaching in her drawer where she had some hair accessories

He brushed her hair down and placed the headband on top.

Zyla put his phone down and went to look on the mirror.

" I do not like this one daddy!" She complained as she took the headband off and threw it

"Zyla we're not going to be throwing anything, pick the one that you like so we can leave. I have to go to work" he says as he watched her look through the headbands and pick one that she liked

"You picked this one so I hope you like it" he said

"Duh daddy" she responds picking his phone back up.

"Duh?" He mumbled to himself as he thought about Zyla's responses. He could only imagine what she'd say once she was older and with the attitude Fatima has, he was hoping Zyla wouldn't pick up on it or he was in for a treat.

"Is that better?" He ask and she nodded

"Alright let's go, Mimi is waiting for you" he says as they walked out of her room

"Can we go to Starbucks?" She asked putting on her sweet voice as if there was any chance that her father would ever tell her no

"Starbucks?" He says

"Mommy lets me get Starbucks" she says as he locked the front door while she stood right by him

"Okay Zy, we'll go to Starbucks and you better be telling the truth. I don't want to get in trouble with your mom" he says as he scooped her up and carried her to the car.

They made their way to Starbucks and Zyla sat in her seat like a happy camper with her frappuccino in her hand.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at Fatima's home and when they did Zyla unbuckled herself.

"Zyla be careful with that drink please" Zac says as he stepped out of the car to walk around and get her out.

"I'm not going to spill it" she says confidently as she jumped out of the car and Zac was shocked that she didn't, he was almost certain she would.

When Zyla ran to the door, Mimi immediately opened it. Fatima was walking by with her laptop and when the door opened she turned to see her daughter had arrived.