55

Two weeks had passed and the energy seemed normal. Like everything had gone back to the way it was before any craziness erupted.

Zac hasn't heard from Alaysha since he seen those missed calls he didn't return and he was happy about it. He had been keeping to himself and busy. He made his assistant shift his schedule so that the only down time he had was when he had Zyla or when he was sleeping. With him and Dev, they were still doing work together but causal conversation was at a minimum.

He did return Marilyn's call that day and all she said was "Nevermind. Change of plans" and disconnected the call. He tried to call back and she did not answer so he called Fatima to see if she had heard from Marilyn. She did. With only the simple words of " You don't have to worry anymore" Marilyn told her. The two chose to leave it alone and not ask questions, Marilyn always knew what she was doing just like her father.

Fatima had been doing some early running around for her client after taking Zyla to school and decided to stop by her parents home for breakfast. Shayla came over after her workout and forced her mother to make breakfast... of course she obliged.

" How did Stefon react to the news?" Melanie asked as she washed one of the pans she used

"I haven't told him yet" Fatima says eating a piece of fruit which was the only thing she could stomach besides the pancakes. Ever since she found out she was pregnant it was like a switch flipped and food she enjoyed was now causing her problems when she tried to eat them. The eggs were an immediate no and the bacon was much saltier to her taste buds.

"Are you planning a big reveal or something because I would've thought you'd told him already. Im surprised he didn't notice." Shayla asked

"If he did, he hasn't said anything. He probably just thinks it's me gaining weight but I'm actually telling him today, he's taking me to dinner tonight. I'm going to tell him then. I have a little idea in mind to surprise him." She says with a small smile.

"I'm still in shock but I'm so exited" Shayla says

"You know I'd never tell you and your sister how to live your life" Melanie began

"Ha!" Shayla and Fatima let out in unison " The only one who slipped by that is Jeremy because he always did whatever"

"And I worry about him daily." Melanie says

"Setting standards and dictating your life are two different things." Melanie says as she dried her hands

"She's about to say something about you and Stefon not being married" Shayla says

"Shayla be quiet" Melanie says to her. "Your father and I are just praying that he can be more than just that child's father. That's all" Melanie says

"Well we share the same prayer" Fatima says with a slight attitude that she tried to hold in.

"It was not in my plans to have two different fathers for my children-

"Before we go getting too emotional in here. To mommy's defense, we all just want to see you happy T. We know everything you went through with Zac, you definitely didn't deserve" Shayla says " and I mean we can't kill the nigga because that's princess dad-

"Shayla!" Melanie called

"Mom I'm just playing but seriously Fatima,  everyone is just praying a little extra for this one" Shayla says " I mean mom you said you and daddy liked him when you met him" she continues

"Yes I did. He's respectful and respectable. Seems trust worthy but those things come with time. Your father is a little more up in arms but he sees how well he handles you." Melanie says to Fatima.