40

A short time has passed. The Wilson celebrated Christmas in Disney as planned to and Zyla had a ball. And although she missed her father during their Christmas vacation, it was nothing for him to make it special for her in his absence especially since he would usually be there but given the circumstances... He managed to set up an exclusive tour of the Disney castle and she met many of her favorite characters, on top of spending money as if there was no limit.

After the conversation about the upcoming mediation, communication was very basic between Fatima and Zac, also very scarce. Conversations were mainly concerning Zyla and was always very brief. Personally, Fatima would rather prefer her mother communicate with him because she fought hard not say anything slick to him and knowing Zac, he was always quick to jump into an argument. She also had that small itch to try and hurt his feelings with words which she knew wasn't good but she wanted him to feel what she felt in anyway possible.

Her mother put her foot down and made her understand that she never wanted to be in the middle of Zac and Fatima's back and forth, only if it concerned Zyla's safety and other than that, it was unnecessary. Melanie also felt that simply from her daughter's hurt, she was trying to find little ways to start with Zac and she didn't like what she was hearing even if Fatima thought sly comments were justified. Once she scolded her daughter on that, Fatima took heed and from that point, Fatima had no choice but to communicate with Zac and only when it was necessary.

With the little communication with Fatima and her refusal to speak to him about their situation, Zac felt like he wouldn't pressure her anymore to speak or hear him out and if it really bothered her then it was her choice now to come and talk to him. That was his way of thinking and he shifted his focus back to Alaysha, trying to make the best out of the situation. He did see her as his safe space and have love for her, most importantly she was going to be a mother to one of his children. He didn't know if he seen a future with her but, he did realize that the time that they have spent together, he did enjoy.

The new year passed and they were currently at mediation which was just a day before Stefon's surprise trip for him and Fatima. Fatima wanted to get the mediation over with so she could go on about her time with Stefon.

"I didn't want to change anything, I just want it to be solid and something that will stick. Like I'm not being irrational, I know things come up that can mess up plans but atleast communication. That's the least he can do" Fatima says as they both agreed to do the mediation in the same room.

"Are we in agreement of what is listed on the paper, it doesn't seem like it's any major changes as Ms Wilson stated" the mediator says

"My only question is about this note at the bottom, about significant others, I don't understand that" Zac says

"Ms Wilson has mentioned a woman in your life who she's had negative encounters with that she does not want the minor around, safety reasons" the mediator says

"That's my other child's mother, how is that going to work. I don't want my children to be separated and she should understand that because we both grew up with close relationships with our siblings" Zac says

"Legally we cannot deny rights or visitation based on significant others but if it's a safety concern-

"We don't even live in the same house" Zac interjected

"Will that be something that eventually happens?" The mediator ask

"Yes eventually and possibly marriage" Zac says confidently and Fatima exhaled sharply with a quick laugh to herself. She felt that either he was trying to make her feels a way or was telling the truth, she couldn't tell.

"I have not met her in any positive manner, I don't know her and it's apparent that she knows more about me than I know about her" Fatima says directing it at Zac but not once the entire time had she even looked at him.