50

When Zac got in the car he immediately made a phone call.

"Yo check this number I'm about to send to you and hit me back when you get something" he says on the phone while he switched the gear into drive so he could pull off, making his way toward Fatima.

At Fatima's, Zyla's tantrum turned into minutes of constant crying leading to forced hyperventilation because she's just dramatic like that. Once she calmed herself down, Fatima made her put away every toy and tablet she had while she regretfully continued to cry with a red face.

"You don't act like that. You never should be acting that way and you're still crying. I didn't even put my hands on you" Fatima says

"If that's how you're acting over someone telling you no over some ice cream then maybe you need to hear yes less often so you know how to control yourself" Fatima says

"Noooo" she whines, turning toward her mother and dropping her shoulders.

"I don't care about the whining. You done got on my damn nerves that quick" Fatima says and hears her door bell ringing. She walks out of Zyla's room, back to her bedroom to grab her phone to check the cameras.

Even though she knew Zac would be on his way, she never rushed to the door without checking the cameras especially with it just being her and Zyla most times.

"Come say hi to your dad before you get ready for bed" Fatima says out while she walks through the hallway and down the stairs. Eventually Zyla was making her way down the stairs slowly, taking it a step at a time with her tear stained face.

"Nobody followed you here did they?" Fatima says letting Zac in while Zyla stood on the step.

Zac sucked his teeth

"Naw man. Nig-

"I told you don't bring her anything" Fatima says seeing the sealed cup ice cream in his hand. Closing the door behind him.

"Damn she really can't have it- hey princess" he says seeing Zyla and walking her to her while she stood on the stairs.

"No she cannot and I mean that. Trash." Fatima says. She looked at Zyla looking at her while her father picked her up. If looks could kill.

Looking at the two of them, Fatima felt a bit of anger trying to creep up but she chose to keep it tucked. Looking at Zac stirred up so many mixed and unhealed emotions. She remembered that the main reason for this anyways was Zyla, who is the more important person to her. Stay focused.

A short time had passed, Fatima told Zac about what transpired with Marilyn earlier and he told her that he was down for Marilyn doing what she needed to do in order to figure everything out. The conversation was strictly about that and Zyla insisted that Zac got her ready for bed, not Fatima. She apparently still had an attitude.

Once Zac helped Zyla to bed, he came jogging down the stairs and his phone rang.

"Yo" he answered as he finished down the stairs.

"I just sent you some information tell me if that's what you need" the person said on the other end of the phone.

"Ard bet" Zac says planting his feet on the floor and Fatima met him mid way coming from the kitchen finishing up a phone call too.

"I haven't eaten yet, I'm waiting for you" Zac heard her say on the phone. She offered some laughs before she ended the call.

"She's sleep?" Fatima ask and Zac looked at her nodding.

"Yeah. All the crying must've wore her out she went right to sleep." Zac tells him

"I just bet" Fatima says and Zac stood for a second thinking. It was five seconds of silence away from it being awkward.