46

The next day came and Zac handed Zyla over to Fatima's father. He didn't want that extra tension with Fatima so he just followed her wish. He knew that the situation had everyone concerned about safety and especially Zyla's since out of all the rooms in his home, hers was the one chosen as someone's target.

Stefon and Fatima flew back on the earliest flight that his pilot could get clearance for and could be landing at any moment now. Fatima wanted to bask in the energy from the ending of Stefon's tour but she was a nervous wreck. She tried to play it off because she wanted to celebrate him but Stefon knew she wasn't okay to be there so after some convincing he was able to get her on the flight.

"You alright son? Did you eat yet?" Nicole asked walking in the kitchen slightly startling Zac as he had his head down into his phone. Not only trying to figure out who threatened his family but now looking at the listings his realtor sent him. He had no intentions on going back to that house now that their safety was compromised.

"Eating is the last thing on my mind. I have to get all this straight" Zac responds and Nicole knew that would be his answer. She already had intentions on making breakfast.

"Have you talked to Fatima?" Nicole asked Zac while he sat at the kitchen island and she pulled some items out of the refrigerator

"Not since yesterday and I'm already knowing she's about to call me. I feel it" he says

"Knowing her I'm surprised she's not here right now" Nicole commented

"She's in LA right now" he simply says

"Oh yeah I do remember you saying that. You just make sure you keep her updated with everything."

"Trust me she will know whatever I find out. Im mad that I even have to deal with this because I don't even want to deal with her going off on me about Zyla for any reason." Zac responds "Like at all" he adds shaking his head

"I know you two have y'all outs and can be petty but understand this isn't the time for any of that" Nicole says

"I already told him that Nic" Zac's father says walking in the kitchen

"Well it doesn't hurt to hear it twice" she retorts and Rich shook his head while he let his hand fall on his son's shoulder. Him and Zac always had that kind of silent communication that they knew not to be combative with Nicole. As a mother she was going to say what was necessary and didn't care how many times she had to say it. It didn't matter how you felt about it either so everyone learned to listen and not respond. The safest approach.

"My homie that live across the street is out of town and is waiting for his people to go in today to get the footage to send straight to me. They'll probably have a better view of the license plate " Zac explained. They ran the tags last night and Rich let Zac know nothing came up and it was most likely because it was hard to really tell what the plates said but today there is better hope.

"Do you know what time-

Zac's phone began to ring stopping the conversation

"Hello?" Zac answered assuming it had to be his neighbors team reaching out to him

"Babe" rang through the phone from Alaysha. Zac sighed deeply. He took the phone from his ear and looked at the number again in confusion

"Who phone you calling me from?" He asked immediately

"It's mine. I literally just left Apple from getting a new one." she says

"But what happened to your phone? I just talked to you last night" he asked getting up from his seat.