47

After finally separating from Alaysha and leaving his parents' home, Zac got in the car to go with Marilyn and Fatima to see who threatened his family.

"Aren't you lucky" Marilyn says while she drove, Zac sat in the back seat and Fatima in the passenger.

"Who?" Fatima says looking up from her phone

"He knows I'm talking to him" Marilyn says. Both her eyes and Zac's caught in the the rearview mirror once Zac looked up

"Nothing about this is lucky M, you cr-

"No you're lucky I'm JUST now seeing you after finding out what you did to my cousin. That was a very hard decision of mine. I want you to know that. Restraining myself takes much more work than actually acting on my impulses. A hard struggle, you know? I want you to know that." She said in a light tone but truly meant what she was saying.

"You know damn well I don't play about family and you're lucky you're princess's dad" Marilyn say

"And who else would be her dad" Zac asked rhetorically and clearly only hearing what he wanted. He knew for a fact that he was confident in knowing Fatima would've never done him like that. Never once doubting that Zyla was his daughter. Not once had it ever crossed his mind.

"HA" Marilyn huffed out sarcastically. Saying enough without saying much. Knowing that Fatima had options, she always did and still does but she chooses who she chooses.

Fatima decided to not interfere with the conversation at all. She was more focused on the reason they were in the car together in the first place, Zyla.

"I restrained myself. Spared you even. I could've lit a couple in you like I was going to do to that hair store bundle wearing parakeet of yours" she says "Pass me that lighter in there" she directed Fatima with her finger and Fatima followed.

"Can we just cool out on all of that and her" Zac says  "We're trying to move forward, she got what she got going on and I got what I got going on. That's just what it is" Zac says assertively and plainly.

Fatima let out a low and lone laugh of sarcasm.
"That's just what it is" As if he had the nerve to try and dismiss the topic so easily, she thought.

"Yup that's exactly what it is. So can we move along, change the subject or something. There's shit much more important than whatever this conversation is." Fatima stressed even after thinking she wouldn't interfere. Her mind had been racing about Zyla since the situation and the two of them with their annoying quarrel was not helping her attempt to quiet her mind.

"I can stop but I just have one more thing to say"

"Marilyn" Fatima says abruptly.

"You know what. Okay. You're right. Nothing more from me" Marilyn says as she continued to drive. She balled her fist up and let it go. There were some impulses she JUST had to control for the sake of the ones she loved.

The ride seemed to be long and Fatima never realized how far Eden was or maybe she was just becoming more anxious.

In the backseat Zac's phone went off with a loud ring, he quickly hit the side button to shut off the sound. Not even looking at who might have been calling.

But that one decline didn't stop them from calling so he frustratedly took the phone from his pocket and seen that Alaysha had been calling him

"Lay you kno-

His words were cut off by her letting out a horrific scream

"Lay what's wrong?! Tell me what's wrong!!" He panicked sitting up in the seat