Chapter 64

He sits next to me with his elbows on his knees. "Serena," Eiser says but I don't spare a look at him.

"I am sorry...for treating you like that." Eiser softly speaks and my eyes widen at those words. "I thought if I just left you alone you'd be happier not seeing me and could be with Frederick. And I really would tell you if I could. I know it is four years too late, but I do hope we have some sort of relationship, and that you don't resent me too much." He says in remorseful tone.

He's not even looking at me, just staring at the ground. His eyes, they're telling a completely different story. Before, those blue eyes showed hate, and loathe. But now, there's something quite different. Something I've never seen in Eiser before.

"However, I feel like I should tell you this now." Eiser says inhaling as he does. "As you know, Harper went to Dalincour, but I also went there, the same year as your brother." Eiser says and turns to me to see my reaction. I knew they were the same age, but I didn't know Eiser went to Dalincour with Harper.

"Me and him were friends, he was the only one who was nice to me. The other classmates weren't quite happy with having a Grayan in their proximity. But your brother was the only one who was kind to me." Eiser says, sincerely this time. "I was there at the funeral too, I didn't approach you as I didn't think you were interested to have a conversation at that time." He added.

"That's all I can tell you right now. I do really wish I could tell you everything, but for your own good, it's best not to tell you right now. I hope you understand." Eiser says, his tone becoming more downhearted.

Harper and Eiser knew each other...? Harper had never even mentioned Eiser, let alone introduce us to him.

——————————————

Instagram: z.zara.com_