Chapter 8

"I'll see you before you know it."

~~~~

Brooke's been writing on a notepad, tearing the paper off, and throwing it away for a half hour. I'd been sitting on the bed watching her for the half hour.

"Babe,"

"Yeah?"

"What are you writing?"

"My apology to the fans. I can't seem to actually find the words to tell them I can't continue my tour." She sighed. "It's shit. All of it."

"Come here." She dropped her pen on the desk and crawled onto the bed. She collapsed on top of me, letting me hold her. "We have six hours to write that."

"I fucked my career the moment I followed you into that bathroom. I don't regret it." She sat up and looked into my eyes. I kept my hand on her cheek as she looked at me. "Please don't think I regret it."

I could see the tears forming in her eyes. "I know you don't." She pushed her lips onto mine, kissing me hard. It turned into something heated and needy fast. I loved the feeling of her hand on my skin and I moaned into our kiss when her hand went up my shirt. Then her hand was sliding into my shorts. "Hey, wait."

She pulled away breathlessly. "What?"

"Maybe we shouldn't." I carefully wrapped my fingers around her wrist.

"Do you not want to?"

"Not when we're both angry and upset."

"I'm not angry. I'm not upset. I'm here with you, Russel, I've got no reason to be upset."

"Brooklyn..."

"I was, but I'm not now. I won't push you into sex. I'd never do that."

"I know." I gave her a smalls smile. "I'm only worried about you."

"I know you are. I'm perfect." She pecked my lips. "I love you, Alessia Russo."

"Even if we're worlds apart?"

"Even if, but I like it right next to you." The corners of her eyes crinkled when she smiled. "You wanna have a baby?"

"Now?"

"No, silly. Have you seen us?" We both laughed. "One day. Do you want a baby one day?"

"I haven't thought about having my own family much. Do you?"

"No idea." She laid on her back and held our hands in the air. "The thought of it terrifies me." I looked over at her. "But with you, the thought of a future similar to that doesn't scare me as much."

"What if we start with a cat?"

"You want to go get a cat? With all the travel we do?"

"And what's so different between a cat and a baby?"

She laughed, "Well, not a ton. What about a dog? They're easy to take care of."

"I'm allergic to dogs."

"You are?" I nodded. "Then I'm afraid this simply won't work between us, Russel."

"After all of this shit, you're stuck with me."

"Damn. Thought I had an out." I poked her side with my free hand. "Alessia Russo." She sat up again. "Don't start something."