Chapter 15

"I said no."

~~~

"Wow," I fell back onto the couch in Taylor's dressing room. "You killed that."

"You killed it." She sat down next to me.

"We killed it."

"We sure has hell did. Now what's next?" Taylor looked at me.

"Dinner sounds good."

Taylor laughed, "No. What's next for you?"

"Well, I'm going to book a flight to Manchester. Alessia's playing her last game before break and our off-grid holiday to Italy."

"You excited?"

"Oh yeah. I've planned out a few dinners and I'm flying her family out for Christmas."

"So the house is that big?"

"No, but there's a little cottage about fifteen minutes away I rented for them."

"You're a good girlfriend."

"I try to be. She deserves so much. She's been acting weird though."

"Weird how?"

"She's not been responding to my texts as fast as she usually does. Like within the first twenty minutes. Or I call her and she texts me saying she's busy."

"That is weird but don't read too much into it."

"Look at the texts."

Hey, how's the day?
Delivered

I called you an hour ago and no answer. You okay?
Delivered

Russel 💍: Sorry, I've been busy.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Taylor said.

"Yeah," I sighed. "It'll be alright."

"How long have you two been together?"

"Five months. Six in December. You're still with Joe right?"

"We broke up."

"No way! When?"

"A few weeks ago. I'm doing alright though. I can focus on this tour that will last forever. Thank you for being a guest on it."

"A guest for Dr. Taylor Swift is always a pleasure. Now, I should get out of here. I need to pack and get home. I had a blast."

"I had a blast too. Let me know you get back to England safely."

"I will."

After spending a lifetime on a plane and a lifetime driving home, I was finally walking through the front door. I dropped my bags and left them, so I could go find Alessia. I knew she was home. Her car was here.

I was just surprised she didn't hear me come in.

I walked into our home gym and found her doing yoga with her AirPods in her ears. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.