005. ICARUS

Chapter five

"Icarus."

Having gotten dressed for the day, Maddie and Emma had headed to where Brinks office was located, sitting outside on the steps leading towards the building waiting for Marie to come out and as she did, the two quickly stood up but Marie seemed upset rather then excited "what'd he say?" Emma asked her "yeah, what..what happened?" she asked and when she did, Marie looked at them both "why'd you make me go out?" she asked, breathing heavy "I knew I shouldn't have gone." she told them.

"Whoa, Maria what..what happened?" Maddie asked her and when she did, Marie scoffed "you happened. You and your stupid band of friends. Remember when I said it's okay? It's so not okay. I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask for either of you. Especially you Maddie. It's all your fault, I mean do you even know what Brink's doing to protect you all?" she asked, making Maddie furrowed her brows "what are you talking about?" she asked her, but when she did, Marie scoffed "liar." she said, shaking her head, looking back at Maddie "just leave me alone." she told her, looking to Emma "both of you." she added on, walking past them, she bumped shoulders with Maddie.

As Maddie stared straight Emma turned watching Marie leave as she quickly turned to Maddie "she..she didn't mean it..." she told her, but when she did, Maddie chuckled "no, no, it's..it's my fault. I should've just left her with no friends like she wanted." she told her, turning to her "but are you..are you gonna be, okay? Cause you were asleep when we got back last night but even through my state, I noticed you with the covers over your head?" she asked her, but when she did, Emma nodded "I'm okay." she told her, as Maddie nodded "I'll see you later." she told her, walking off.

But on her way back to her dorm room, her phone then dinged, as she stopped pulling it out of her pocket, she noticed a text from Luke asking her to meet him a Brink's office 'I was just there!" she grumbled, putting her phone in her pocket, she turned around walking back the way she came, but as she was, she began to recall everything that Luke had been telling her, saying how he wanted something different, how that if you're gonna be a superhero make sure to do it for yourself, and when she did, her eyes then went wide "oh shit." she said, as she picked up her speed starting to run.

Unknowing to her though, Marie had made it to there before she did, where as she opened the door to Brink's office, she saw Luke burning Brink alive as she crossed her arms covering her face, the flames burned out as Luke turned around expecting Maddie to be there but instead found Marie as Marie gasped looking at him with wide eyes "oh shit. Marie, I.." Luke shuddered "I had too." he told her "I..I didn't see anything." Marie told him "you don't understand what Brink did, okay? You don't know about the woods." Luke told her.

Causing Marie to furrow her brows "what?" she asked him "okay, please, he..he fell asleep with a camel lit in his mouth and he burned himself." Luke told her "yeah. For sure. Our secret." Marie told him, but as she did, Luke shuddered "you weren't the one who was supposed to come, Marie." he told her, and when he did, Marie furrowed her brows thinking of who he wanted to come here and at first her mind went to Cate but then when she really thought about it, her eyes went wide "Maddie? You..you told Maddie to come here." she realized.

And when she did, Luke's eyes started to glow as his entire body lit up in flames again, and even after everything that happened earlier with her and Maddie, the only person on her mind right now was her as she turned around running "Maddie!" she yelled as she began heading down the hallway, she noticed Jordan "run!" she voiced, and yet they didn't move as she then noticed Maddie running toward's her, her eyes went wide "Maddie, no!" she voiced, turning from Jordan and lunging at her, tackling her to the floor.