004. NOT THE OPPORTUNITY I MEANT

Chapter four

"Not the opportunity I meant."

Having headed away from seven tower, the six of them then headed to the real event of the night, a club downtown, where Andre led the way inside, pushing open a curtain, Cate followed after him along with Jordan, Luke, Maddie and Marie where music was playing so loud that you can not just hear it but feel it vibrating through your entire body, as they all soon stopped at the check in "good evening. Reservation under?" the man asked "we don't have one." Cate told him, as she took one of her gloves off, putting her hand over the man's "but you don't give a fuck. Right?" she asked.

"I do not give a fuck. Follow me." the man told them, turning around and walking in, Cate and Andre followed him along with Jordan, Luke, Maddie and Marie, walking past all the other people who were drinking and mingling or dancing on the dance floor.

They soon were given they're place as they all were sitting on white couches, Luke and Cate were laughing as his arm was around her, Marie sat closest to them as Maddie sat next to her with Andre and Jordan to her left sitting on a red couch, Andre was then holding something out as he looked at them all "you guys in?" he asked as Jordan took the bag from him "is that cocaine?" Marie asked "we finished all the coke." Jordan told her, as they licked it off they're finger "it's molly." he added on.

And when he did, Marie looked to Maddie with raised brows and as she did, Luke leaned over to them "hey, I don't really fuck with powders, but I do microdose shrooms." he shared and when he did, Maddie chuckled "see? This is what they do but you can always say no." she told her, and when she did, Marie looked to the others "yeah, um, no thank you." she told them.

"You know I could take my glove off and make you." Cate told her, and when she did, Maddie scoffed, looking back at her "nobody should be forced into doing drugs Cate." she told her "hey, you know I'm kidding! I'm all about consent. But I could so...you should." Cate said, chuckling, and as she did, Marie then chuckled, licking her finger and taking some, Maddie then huffed "okay then fine. I don't want to be the lame girl at the party so.." she told them, licking her finger as she then stuck it in, her and Marie then licked it off.

And as they did everyone laughed "aw. Yes! Yes! Now let's dance." Cate giggled "what?" Marie asked, as Maddie shook her head "no, no, no..." she giggled as Cate reached her hands out, grabbing Maries and Maddie's "come on." she told them, pulling up off the couch and to the dance floor, Andre looked to Jordan "I told you." he told them "yeah. She's cool. But Maddie's still.." Jordan was going to say as Luke scoffed "dude, don't start." he told him, as Andre chuckle "seriously." he told him, drinking his drink.

Having been dancing on the dance floor with the molly it was almost like the music was controlling them, as Marie danced, Maddie was in the middle as Cate was behind her the three all had smiles on their faces "oh shit! Someone's rolling." Cate said, noticing the look on Marie's face "I think. Yeah. Definitely." Marie told them, smiling again, as Maddie laughed, putting her hands up as did Marie and Cate as the three continued to dance.

But soon the only sound that filled their ears was screaming and shouting, as the music quickly stopped, the three stopped dancing and turned to what everyone was looking at, the three then pushed through the crowd and when they got there, Cate gasped, as Maddie's eyes went wide "oh shit!" she voiced as Andre was holding his hand over a women's bleeding neck, Jordan also arrived as they crouched down to him "oh my god. What the hell happened?" they asked, as Luke also walked up "uh, I think I hit an artery, dude! Aw, fuck! Some fuck bumped into me! I think she's gonna die, man. She's bleeding out." Andre shared.

As Jordan then turned looking at the four of them "we need to call nine one one!" they voiced as Luke ran his hands through his hair "they won't get here in time." Cate shared, as Jordan looked back at Andre "we need to go. We need to get the fuck out of here." Cate shared "we need to get the fuck out of here now. We need to get the fuck out of here now." Jordan told Andre, grabbing him off the women "no, no! We can't just leave her here to die!" Maddie voiced, turning from the women to Luke and as she did, Luke huffed, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder, walking out "come on." Cate told Jordan as she turned following them along with Jordan and Andre, all of them leaving Marie behind.

The next morning, Maddie woke up and as she did, someone hopped on her bed and it was Marie and when she did, Maddie's eyes went wide as she quickly sat up "holy shit. Look about last night, that's totally not the opportunity I meant when I said you'd be in the crime fighting class if you hung out with us." she shared and when she did, Marie laughed "it's..it's okay, look.." she told her and as she did, Emma brought over her computer, showing it to Maddie and it seemed to be a bunch of Instagram posts from the women bleeding out last night and Marie saving her.

"You did that?" Maddie asked her "yeah." Marie told her "and okay sure, she's the hero, but I'm the one who helped make you go, so in a very real way. I'm the hero." Emma shared, causing Maddie to furrow her brows "what? That doesn't even make any sense." she told her, as Marie chuckled "I'm sorry for all the blood on your clothes." she told Emma as Emma moved back to her bed, Marie hopped off Maddie's "oh, god, worth it." Emma grunted as she put her laptop down, she turned to Maddie "so what does golden boy smell like? Like cookies, right?" she asked.

And when she did, Maddie recalled her moment with Luke how he put his hand over her's and stared into her eyes, while Marie chuckled "like cookies and hope?" Emma asked again and when she did, Maddie then snapped out of it as she forced a smile "nobody smells like that." she told her, laughing as she pulled her covers off of her and hopped out of bed, Marie and Emma laughed with her and as someone knocked on the door, Maddie quickly jogged over to it, opening it up "Mads, hey, your roommate Marie here?" Maverick asked "yeah, uh.." Maddie said, as she turned looking at Marie who walked up "Professor Brink's office called. He wants to see you." Maverick told her.

"You mean now? And..just me?" Marie asked "I don't know. Also, I'm not your assistant. Get a fucking phone." Maverick told her, as Maddie scoffed and shut the door, turning around, she and Emma looked at Marie "dude! He's seen instagram! You're in his class for sure." Emma told her, as Marie smiled, Maddie huffed "I'm gonna shower and get dressed to co exist with society again." she shared, walking toward's her stuff to grab her bathroom supplies.