011. SHARED TRAUMA

Chapter eleven

"Shared trauma."

Later that night, the two had headed to the auction gala and as they did, Marie was in a dark red fluffy dress while Maddie was wearing a black one, as the two walked onto the carpet taking pictured together and smiling at the cameras and when they turned heading in, the cameras didn't stop flashing "Maddie, Marie, over here!" a photographer pointed out, as Maddie forced a smile, Marie did the same as she leaned toward's her "please don't leave me alone." she told her "I wouldn't.." Maddie told her, but then noticed Dean Shetty standing nearby "but I believe Shetty's gonna start corralling you around so how about you come find me when chaos is over." she whispered to her, as she turned walking off.

Having grabbed a champagne glass, Maddie downed it, as one of the pledges walked up to her "oh, isn't it Vought's little girl, Maddie Amsel." a women said, as Maddie turned to her, seeing a blonde "well, uh..I try although this year didn't exactly kick off the way it was supposed to." she shared "I know, I felt so bad, seeing that video of how you stopped Golden boy after what he did to Brink really warmed my heart." the women told her, as Maddie chuckled "I didn't stop him. He was my friend and he clearly was hurting." she told her, furrowing her brows "I know but for the record before you even showed up you already had a tone of people talking to Vought wanting to represent you." the women shared.

As Maddie's face softened "well, I appreciate it." she told her, as the women turned grabbing another glass of champagne, she turned handing one to Maddie as Maddie took it, she missed how Jordan walked by in his male form with their parents following him, seeing that she was no longer in crutches as they continued walking, the women after taking a sip of her champagne spoke up, having noticed the scar on Maddie's hand "how did that happen?" she asked her, as Maddie raised her brows "how did what happen?" she asked "the scar on your hand." the women pointed out, in which Maddie was thankful the other scars that were healing weren't visible in the dress she had on "um..I fell yesterday and cut my hand on some broken glass left over from the attack but my durability kicked in so it's fine, should be gone by tomorrow." she shared, forcing a smile as she drank her champagne.

Having drank too much champagne, Maddie headed to the bathroom and it seemed she wasn't the only one cause that was when she ran into Maddie "god, good thing your here I mean I thought I was never gonna get away." Marie told her, as Maddie scoffed "are you kidding me? I thought I was gonna smash my empty champagne glass into the women's head when she said that I stopped Luke after he killed Brink like he wasn't going through something." she shared as she opened the bathroom door, having not cared who was gonna be on the other end, but it happened to be Emma who when she noticed them quickly began to wash her hands.

Maddie then walked ahead looking for a big enough bathroom while Marie stepped toward's the sink, Emma watched the two as she wiped her mouth "pretty dresses." she told them "thanks." Marie told her as Maddie huffed, turning around "normally I have Cate do it but I really have to pee and I don't think this dress is coming off my body." she told them and when she did, Marie chuckled "I don't even think I know how to pee in mine." she shared, and when she did, Emma then chuckled, as Maddie turned opening the biggest stall all three of them walked into it.

Where Marie sat down first while Emma held her dress up, Maddie bent down to help her "yeah if anyone comes in her and see's us they're gonna think we're preparing for the next herogasm." she shared, making Emma and Marie laugh again, yet Marie was still wasn't peeing "you want me to run the water or something?" she asked "I'm really sorry, Emma." Marie told her "we've all been there." Emma told her, but when she did, Maddie sighed "I don't think she means that." she told her.