014. LEARN TO EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

Chapter fourteen

"Learn to expect the unexpected." 

Having gotten up off the forest floor, Maddie had gotten herself together and headed to class and as she did, Jordan looked at her and could tell she had been crying as they furrowed they're brows leaning over the desk as she passed by to sit in the one in front of him "hey, you okay? Did Tek Knight talk to you, too?" they asked, as Maddie turned to them "I figured he talked to all of us. But knowing him he'll just splice together whatever we said and make it seem like we hated Luke or knew what was going on the entire time." she shared, her voice coming out scratchy as she cleared her throat and turned sitting down in her chair.

Jordan leaned back off the desk and sat back down in their's "okay, everyone, listen up. So, I have a surprise for you. We are fortunate to have a guest lecturer who revolutionized the field in superhero crime fighting. So, please welcome a son of god u, Tek Knight." Dean Shetty shared, as some people clapped, Tek walked in with his entire camera crew "my journey to four blockbusters and six peoples choice began in this very class. Twenty years ago. Now I am eager to pass on my knowledge to the next generation. Today, we will focus on interrogation techniques that I developed. And for that, I will need.. a volunteer." Tek Knight shared.

As many students raised their hands, Maddie turned seeing Jordan wasn't and then looked behind her to left and noticed Marie wasn't either "yeah. Um..Marie Moreau. The guardian of godolkin." Tek said as Maria stood up and walked down to the front of the class sitting down, Tek took off his suit jacket as he soon began "so, Ms Moreau, you stopped Golden boy's rampage." he shared "not just me. There were others." Marie shared "Andre Anderson and Madison Amsel. Golden boy's best friend and his seemed to be savior. Who I notice, uh, has skipped class today but yet Maddison managed to make it." Tek shared, chuckling as he turned looking right at Maddie.

He then looked back at Marie "the two of you make a good looking couple." he told her "we're not together." Marie shared as Tek then looked to them all "when you start out you want to establish a baseline and build a rapport. Ms Moreau's body language is open, and she's maintaining good eye contact." he shared, looking back at Marie as he stood up from the desk he was sitting on "walk me through that day." he told her as he began walking "I went to see Professor Brink." Marie shared as she sighed "Luke had already killed him. We fought. He killed himself. I've told this story a lot." she shared.

"But, uh..not the whole story. Why were you going to see Brink?" Tek asked her "I wanted to discuss my class schedule." Marie told him, as Tek then held up his hand "lie. Pupil dilation. See it? It's a classic sign. Why were you really there? Was it to talk about his distaste for you? Bullseye. Heart rate just elevated. Professor Brink only admitted students with impeccable qualifications into crimefighting. Your powers are, um..nasty. There's no way he would admit you." he shared "and yet here I am." Marie told him.

"Ah. So , not being good enough is a sore spot. What are you hiding? What do you know?" Tek asked her "nothing." Marie told him "he was gonna expel you, wasn't he?" Tek asked her "no." Marie told him "pretty convenient that he was deep fried that very same day. Were you in on it with Luke?" Tek asked "no. I didn't do anything. He was looking for someone else." Marie shared "who?" Tek asked her "Maddie! He was looking for Maddie so if anyone was in on it it was her and I couldn't stop him!" Marie voiced, and as she did, Maddie's eyes went wide as everyone looked to her "yes, I went to Brink's because he kicked me out. I saw Luke and realized he'd be looking for Maddie and I ran wanting to find her afraid of what he would do to her so I fucking ran. And I bumped into her cause she was running towards Luke and the only reason either of us are alive right now is because Jordan Li held him off long enough for us to get away." Marie shared.