022. TURN IT OFF

Chapter twenty two

"Turn it off."

Having been hiding amongst the crowd, the officers seemed to not care about them anymore especially as the rally inside broke out, as Emma soon noticed the two "Maddie, Jordan." she called out, walking up to them "have you seen Sam?" she asked "are you fucking kidding me? No. Where is he?" Jordan asked her, as Maddie scoffed "Emma!" she voiced "I know, okay! I don't know." Emma told them, as she began looking at everyone who passed by "I..I mean...there's so much security here. What if they found him?" she asked.

"Then we're fucked, Emma. He's the only proof we had that the woods exist." Jordan shared "okay, he could be in real fucking trouble, Jordan." Emma shared "Emma! If he's caught, we're all fucked!" Maddie voiced "I know!" Emma voiced, as all three of them began to look around them and it seemed Emma found him "Sam. Sam." she said, running past them, as the two turned around seeing her hug him "Emma." Sam said "where have you been?" Emma asked him "I missed you." Sam told her, as Jordan and Maddie walked up to them.

"You're supposed to be hiding. I was shitting myself worried." Emma shared "I was waiting for you. Emma, I..I drank beer. There was this, there was this ice slide. I wish you'd seen it. And all of these superheroes using their powers. It..it was the best." Sam shared "wow, so he was out drinking and partying with idiots while we thought he was being captured and tortured for information, lovely." Maddie shared, as she looked at the people around them hoping nobody recognized Sam along with Jordan "I mean, some of the people here are a bag of dicks." Emma said.

"I guess, but, come on. It's awesome being with people like us, just having fun." Sam told Emma, as Maddie and Jordan huffed, looking back at the two "okay, look, we need to get him out of here now." they shared "okay, Sam, Sam, we got to hide you. It's okay. We just got to hide you." Emma shared "or at least get out of here before we get thrown in with the rest of them." Maddie shared as her and Jordan began to walk off as Emma followed them dragging Sam.

And thankfully, Cate came in with they're perfect escape as she texted them to come to Shetty's in which Maddie had driven, her, Jordan, Marie, Emma and Sam all the way there, parking the car on the street, they all quickly got out and ran down the sidewalk up the stairs to the front door, where they stopped, all preparing for a potential fight as Marie pulled out her knife, Maddie then opened the front door as Jordan, Marie, Emma and Sam followed in after her, Sam shut the door behind them.

They all were walking through the big house, as Cate and Dean Shetty seemed nowhere to be found "Cate, we got your message! But I swear to go if your fucking messing with us I'm throwing you through the god damn wall!" Maddie voiced, as they all walked through the dining room, past one seating area and into some kind of study, where Cate was with Dean Shetty right behind her "Cate? Are you okay? Your eye." Marie pointed out "what happened?" Jordan asked "I'm okay, and now she'll do whatever we want." Cate shared.

"Maybe you should rest." Marie told her "I feel fine. It wasn't my powers that we're fucking me up. It was the pills she was giving me. I've never felt better." Cate shared "Cate. Listen to your friends. They care about you." Dean Shetty shared, as Maddie scoffed "shut the fuck up!" she voiced, as Cate turned to Dean Shetty "she's right, you had your chance to talk, now it's my turn." she told her "please, Cate, you don't have to do this. I love you." Dean Shetty told her "I know you love me. It doesn't change the fact that your a fucking bitch." Cate told her.