009. MAYBE IT'S DANGEROUS TO BE A HERO

Chapter nine

"Maybe it's dangerous to be a hero." 

Having headed back to her room, Maddie was sitting on her bed in her room, but as she did she scrolled and as she did, a video came up "hey, guys, it's Justine Garcia and it's time to spill some tea." the girl said, as Maddie sat up in her bed, she furrowed her brows, trying to figure out where she knew this girl from "it's the first week of classes at god u and what's become super clear is that the star of fun sized with little cricket has to throw up to get tiny..." and when she said that, all Maddie felt was rage as she turned off the video and hopped out of her bed, putting her boots on she quickly headed out of there, slamming her dorm room door behind her.

She remembered where she knew her from, recalling see her the other day and how Emma had talked to her and said that they lived on their floor, in which she began walking down the hall trying to find the room, she soon heard that girls voice "yeah, just like that. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Oh, yeah, baby. Just Nancy Reagan that shit." Maddie then saw Emma walking down the hallway seeing that she had been crying, Maddie didn't even hesitate as she then turned to the door opening it and walked right in as Justine turned to her "hey, your Maddie, right? The girl who.." she was saying as Maddie punched her right in the face.

Leaving Emma who was standing in the doorway with her mouth open as the girl on the couches eyes went wide "what the fuck?" Justine asked as she turned to her with a glare "after everything that's happened you think it's funny to share people's personal secrets with everyone for some fucking views and likes?" Maddie asked her "she never said that. I just..I thought she had an experience that could help other girls." Justine shared, as Maddie laughed "could help other girls? How about you be fucking honest and tell everyone the truth on how your just doing it to get a bunch of new followers." she told her.

Not noticing how Justine was looking at her necklace, recalling how she screamed in the quad and no sonic scream happened "hey, no offense, but you're being really intense about this." she told her, as Maddie scuffed "just do me a favor, you and the rest of your fucked up band of acting friends stay the hell away from Emma." she told her, turning around "let's go." she told her, motioning with her hand to the door as Emma turned around walking out, Maddie followed her, shutting the door behind them.

Having stayed with Emma in the room, the two had been sitting on her bed getting high and drinking some A train beers and some shots of Translucent vodka where she had the two put away their phones and were watching some supe movies although they mostly were laughing at them rather then finding them serious, where soon the two had stopped laughing as Emma had fallen asleep on Maddie's shoulder, Maddie was still watching the movie until she felt her phone buzz, she turned away from the computer screen and grabbed her phone, seeing the notification on her phone for her interview with Hailey Miller "fuck.." she trailed off, knowing she was way to drunk for this.

She turned looking at Emma, slightly moving her off of her, she slid off her bed, putting her feet on the floor, she quickly grabbed her boots putting them on quickly, she stumbled, hitting into the bucket nearby that was full of empty beer cans "shit." she grumbled, turning around, seeing that Emma was still asleep, she turned around, quickly walking to the door opening it, she headed out, although she didn't notice the person behind her in the suit watching her as she began heading down the hallway.

Walking outside of the dorm, Maddie began heading back to where she was earlier this morning, looking at her phone as she did so, but as she did, she then heard a sound behind her, like a garbage can being knocked over as she quickly stopped looking behind her, seeing nothing, she then let out a breath "it's just your imagination, Mad's your just drunk and high. Probably just an animal." she told herself, turning around and continuing to walk off, the sound of her boots filling her ears, as she began to be on edge, as she began to hear footsteps behind her, her breath quickened as she turned around, not seeing anyone.