Chapter 39: Fan

swearing)
Test tube P.O.V:

We waited for Microphone and Lightbulb to come back. They entered not to long ago right? Yeah, it's been 5minutes and 37 seconds ever since. My mind wondered a little bit, thinking back to old memories when Fan popped up in my head. Fan
is my best friend so it's natural to miss him but... Why does he look so sad? I have the freedom to think of anything so why can't I imagine something else? Why can I only see Fan being sad?

My vision started to turn dark. Underneath was pure darkness and it was the same for my surroundings. I looked around.
Knife was gone. Shit, where did he go?
There was no air blowing against me.
There was no grass or trees anymore.
Was I... Waking up?

"You don't have to pretend."
I heard a voice behind me. It sounded like someone I know..  Wait of course..!
I turn around slowly and my glare dragged it's self towards the object.
Fan.

"Fan! I-I missed you! Say, where am I?"
I asked him, confused.
"You don't have to pretend. You don't miss me. You just like pretending." Fans tone was shaky and slightly aggressive.
"Why did you mess with the portal? Do
you know how much damage you've caused me? How much damaged you caused us?" Fans voice was sore and dry and most words were forced.
I knew Fan. He would never say something like this.

"It should of been you. You should've past the portal. If you had gone instead, I would of not have been in constant fear and danger..!" I know this is not Fan talking. So why? Why does it hurt like spears?

"I.. I hate you.."

....
Thats- that's not him.
Tears poured down my eyes.
I know-! I know it's not him! The words echoed through my mind. It was in repeat like a loop.
"...Fan I.." the words didn't come out of my mouth. I was too hesitant.
"Test tube, Stop pretending. You
never were meant to be here anyway.
I can't stand you anymore." Fans words alone could hurt me like an arrow.
We have been together for awhile so-
wait no. He's not real.

"You're not real."
"Peg your pardon?"
"YOU'RE NOT REAL!"
"..."
"I KNOW! I know I'm not as creative as you.
I'm not as loveable as you. And I know you may not like me now. But I still want you be
by my side, even if it hurts knowing
you aren't there with me at the moment."
Fan said nothing in response. He stood there, no movement, no humming, nothing.

"Take care." With those being Fans final words, he disappeared and I woke up to reality.

"Heya guys! Got Baxter!" Lightbulb
voice could be heard not that far away.

"L-lightbulb? Where's Microphone? Don't tell me you left her in there!" I looked behind her, looking around to her surroundings. Microphone was no where to be seen.

"Oh! No. She just told me she didn't want to leave yet so will be staying back for a while." Lightbulb said, with a smirk on her face.

"Whatever. You guys sure did take time in there. Anything happen?" Knife questioned the bright leader.
"As I said, she just wanted to stay behind. Sure I really did try convincing, but nothing worked! I also almost lost my way here so eh." Lightbulb responded quickly and continued walking.

"You guys coming?" She said, with her 'head' slightly tilted.
"Yeah, we are.." I and Knife looked at each other, unsure. Well, whatever is happening, it all ends now.

604 words)))))