Three

PIERCE THE VEIL'S NEW SINGLE IS OUT (well actually from a few days ago duh). BUT SERIOUSLY I JUST CAN'T STOP FREAKING OUT, I LOVE IT ESPECIALLY THE DRUMS DAMN THAT'S SOME GOOD STUFF. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!

Okay, stop freaking out and get going to the story you fool.

-------------------

It is still 5 when I wake up, way too early. I try to get another hour of sleep but I just can't get my eyes to close anymore. Well, at least it's better than being late on my first day of school. I hop out of bed and rummage through my closet to pick out the outfit. I choose a pair of cream coloured pants along with a white shirt and a brown belt. Next destination, the bathroom. I clean myself up and put my outfit on before doing my makeup. My hair is a huge mess since I didn't blow dry and comb it the night before after I'd taken a shower. It literally takes me 15 minutes just to get rid of all the knots, 15 minutes of pure pain. I vow silently to never go to sleep with wet unbrushed hair. 

 One last look in the mirror, I lift my chin up a little and put on my biggest smile.

"Hi, I'm Abigail Olson, you can call me Gail. I just moved here from Oakland, California and I'm a fucking disaster."

Dammit, how am I supposed to get through this. I don't suppose moving to a new school would be this nerve-racking. I finally grab my bag anyway and head downstairs. If only I could just stay at home.

At 7, I finally head downstairs to the kitchen. Mom is leaning on the counter top drinking coffee, I join her after pouring myself a cup of coffee too. Hell, what can I do without a little boost of caffeine in the morning? My brain just doesn't seem to start working before consuming a good cup of black coffee.

"School starts in another hour, but you might wanna hurry up a bit. First day at a new school stuff,"  My mom reminds

I nod and finish the remaining coffee in one big gulp. I follow her outside and off we leave the house.

---------------

"Hey, relax! It's gonna be okay, I promise. It's not only the first for you, but for me too." Mom cheers me up as we reach the parking lot because I'm tapping my foot so fast like I always do when I'm nervous.

"I know no one, mom." I say slowly

"You know Alex, that counts."

I stare out the window, kids are talking to each other in groups. They're probably talking about how their summer went, they all know where they belong. Where do I belong?

"He likes pies." I blurt out. What the heck, Gail?

"What?" She makes sure of what she heard

"Uh.. Alex. He likes pies."

"Well.. We should bake him some maybe, someday. But now, I need you to get inside, meet new friends and have some fun. Or do you need me to come with you first?" She offers

"No, mom. I'm not a little kid anymore." I sigh, "I'll see you later. Take care, je t'aime!" I say before stepping out the car

"Je t'aime, ma chèrie.  Have fun! Text me when you get home!" She waves from inside the car

The hallway is filled with new unfamiliar faces. They don't seem to really take a notice of me, I try to keep my head down as I find my way to the office. A few minutes later, I walk out of the office a few minutes later with my time table in hand. I'm pretty happy with the subjects I picked as I scan the paper. I gotta get going to homeroom since the bell's gonna ring any second. It takes a while to find it, but I manage to be there before the class starts