Two

The next morning, I wake up to see that I'm not in the bedroom I'm used to wake up in. I really need to adapt to it, cause I kinda freaked out for a moment. I can smell eggs being cooked the moment I step downstairs, my mom has set up the table with breakfast and she's all cleaned and ready in a nice flowy dress. She has her hair up in a bun and has even done her makeup.

"Good morning, dear." She takes a seat in front of me

"Good morning, mom. Did you have a good sleep?" I greet back cheerfully

"Yeah, it wouldn't have been a good one though if you hadn't woken me up from the couch. How are you liking our new house so far?"

I nod, "Love it. It might need a bit more of decoration, I'll start filling the walls today."

"Ah yes, the walls. And Gail, go get ready after you finish eating, let me do the dishes for you. We're visiting our neighbors door to door today. I'm so excited to meet our new neighbors!" She chirps

I smile at her excitement and continue eating my breakfast. After I'm done, I place it in the sink for mom to wash. I head back upstairs to get ready. I pick out the outfit first, a denim dress and a brown belt around my waist to finish the look.

My mom always says to dress nicely every possible time, since the way a person dresses portrays the person's personality. It's grown on me ever since.

I take a quick shower before putting on the dress and do my makeup. I don't really like to put too much makeup. Eyeliner, mascara and lip colour. Because no amount of makeup can actually hide the paleness of my skin. I look in the mirror once again, making sure it's all good. I put my hair in a ponytail since my hair's grown so long and I don't want to get hot. When I feel like I'm ready, I make my downstairs to join my mother who's already waiting for me on the couch.

"Ready?"

But suddenly our bell rings just as we're about to head out.

Our first guest! She quickly heads to open the door with a big smile plastered on her face. Her smile grows even wider when she sees the person behind the door.

"Hello! I'm Isobel Gaskarth, I live right across your house. I saw you coming yesterday, but I figured you needed some time after arriving so I decided to visit the next day. Welcome to the neighborhood!" Isobel friendly greets

"Oh my, we were just about to visit you! I'm Katherine Olson, and this is my daughter, Gail. We just moved from Oakland, California. And thank you for the warm welcome!" My mom gestures me to shake hand with Isobel

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Gaskarth." I say politely

"Please, call me Isobel. Nice meeting you too, Gail. We have a little gift for you, it might not be much but this is the least we can do. Alex?" She says. And then a boy who must be Alex hands me a glass dish with covered with aluminum foil on top of it. A cake perhaps? Judging from his look, it clearly shows that he doesn't wanna be here.

"This is my son, Alexander. He goes to Dulaney High, and what about you, Gail?" Isobel introduces him, but Alex just stands right there leaning on the porch railing.

"That's where Gail's going!" My mom squeals.

They continue to talk about other things, while I can only smile and listen to them. Alex looks like he's about to blow up any second, he keeps his eyes fixed on his phone while occasionally grunts under his breath. Until my mom finally invites them in, she's laughing with Isobel as if they'd known each other for so long.

"Gail, I'm sure Alex would love a little house tour. Isobel and I will be in the kitchen. Isobel, I just found this wine from 1970! Can you believe it?"