Twenty Six

I wake up the next day a little bit later than usual. Alex and I had a really long phone call last night, we hung up when I caught him snoring softly on the other line. The date is today, and I need to get ready. Alex is picking me up at 7 later this night. He doesn't want to tell where he's taking me to, but he told me to dress nicely.

It's still 3 now, Sage just called me from the gallery asking me to come for a bit. I still have a few hours until I have to be ready so at around , I arrive nat the gallery to meet Sage.

"Hello, Gail." Sage greets as she sees me

"Hey, I got your message, is anything wrong?" I ask

"Wrong? No, if anything, it's something  right! Congratulations!" She shakes my hand, slipping a small brown envelope

"What?.." I ask again, confused

She laughs, "Your painting! It's sold! This is just half of your profit, the rest should come in a few days."

I stand there, surprised. To be honest, I hadn't expected my panting to be sold that fast. And the money I'm holding now.. It's not in little amount.

"For real?" I ask again

"Yes, Gail. I've told you that you have it in you. As I was saying, I will inform you more in a few days. I expect more of your work for my gallery." Sage says

I nod, "It's my pleasure. Thank you so much."

We shake hands once again and I leave the gallery. It's almost 4 now and I better get back home to get ready for tonight's date with Alex. I hail a cab and 30 minutes later I'm back home. I see my mom and Robin lounging in the living room, I say hi and decide to join them for a bit.

"Mom, I'm going out with Alex tonight for dinner, you don't have to wait on me for dinner." I inform her

She responds, "Alright then, I was just gonna prepare your dinner. Robin and I are hosting a dinner party at his house with our colleagues, we're leaving in a few minutes. I'm sleeping over at his house after that."

"Have fun! I better get ready now. Alex's picking me up at 7." I say

"You too, honey. Have fun with Alex!" Robin adds

I head to my room to start getting ready. I take a quick hot shower and blow dry my hair, brushing it down. My hair is still short after the cut, it barely reaches my shoulder even after 2 months. I straighten it and move on to my make up. I put on a light layer of foundation, powder and bronzer to sculpt my pale skin a bit. I also draw a thin line of eyeliner and go a little bit heavy with the mascara to make it more dramatic. To top it off, I put on a dark red lipstick. I choose a black dress that goes nicely with the makeup and a put on a pair of red shoes.

Just in time I finish getting ready, the bell rings. Alex's here as he's promised, 7 pm. I grab my purse and my coat before heading downstairs. I open the door to see Alex in a dark blue button up shirt, black pants and his usual jacket. He looks really good, and to top it he also has his coat in one hand.

"You look gorgeous." Alex says as he pulls me into a kiss

I smile, "And so do you. Look who cleaned up nicely."

He pecks me on he lips once again, "We better get going now because if not I won't be able to stop kissing this pretty face of yours."

I smack him playfully and pull his hand to get in the car, "So, now that we're on the date, will you at least tell me where we are going?"

"You'll find out in a minute." He smirks

He keeps driving to the nicer part of the city. In the meantime, we listen to Green Day's album American Idiot which has officially become my favorite album now. 10 minutes later, Alex pulls in and parks the car.