Forty

We spend the day just lazing around the house on Sunday. I got enough rest and I've started to feel a lot better. See, this is why I don't like the cold. You're most likely to get sick in the winter than the summer.

Mom and Robin come home not long after Alex had to go home to his family. My mom goes all worried when she finds out that I've been sick. She tells me to stay home tomorrow but I don't want to, besides, I've been much better than yesterday. Mom prepares us a quick dinner and we fill each other on what we've been missing out.

Mom tells me about how she'd gotten really emotional when she finally got to see Harry. I'm really glad that they spent a nice time together in New York. My mom goes on to talk about Harry and Margo's wedding. Things are going great and smoothly. They've decided to hold an outdoor wedding in April, since they don't want to wait for too long. And also, the weather will have been perfect by April.

"Gail, you have no idea how happy I am! My son is getting married!" My mom says for the hundredth time. "I can't wait to have grandchildren! I mean, well, not now, but you get what I mean!"

I smile at her excitement. Robin squeezes my mom's hand, "Kathryn, you're gonna be one good grandma."

After dinner, I help clean up the table and excuse myself to bed. Even though I didn't do much today and I'm not that tired, I force myself to go to bed so I can feel better for school tomorrow. I make myself comfortable in my bed and open my sketch book. It's gotten really thin, since I rip one almost everyday and tape it on my bedroom wall. Now one side of the walls is almost completely covered in my drawings, and it's only been how long? 8 months?

I take my laptop from the table and open it. I open my email and check it for the first time in days. I've been too busy as of lately to check on my email, I usually do everyday. Waiting for the page to load, I look out the window to see Alex's room. I can see Alex laying on his bed, Jack's also in there with him. I smile and dial his number, he answers after just 2 rings.

"Hey! I was just about to call you, but Jack's still here." Alex says from the other line

I answer, "I know, I can see you guys from here. Say Hi to Jack for me."

Alex walks up to his window, Jack follows beside him. Jack snatches Alex's phone from him, "Hey, Gail! What's up? Are you feeling better now? Alex told me you got sick?" Jack asks

"Yeah, much better now, thanks for asking. Props to Alex for nursing me back to health." I say

"Give me my phone back you idiot! I'm trying to talk to my girlfriend here." Alex takes his phone back from Jack

"Sorry, Jack just got here. I don't even know what he's doing here. So, how are you feeling? Have you had dinner yet?" Alex asks

"Yeah, with mom and Robin. She's gone wild with the wedding planning. Not that I'm complaining, but I find it funny how excited she gets." I tell him

"That's great! I had dinner with mom and dad too, it's been a while. Dad's usually never home from work yet to join us for dinner on weekdays. They're really worried about you being sick."

"Oh God, tell them that it's not that big of a deal." I laugh. That's really so sweet of them to think of me

"Are you well enough to go to school tomorrow?" Alex asks