Forty One

"Hey, Harry! It's me, Alex. I know you must be really busy at the moment with all the wedding planning and everything, but I'd just like to say thank you for the invitation! I'll certainly be there. I wish you all the best and good luck, say Hi to Margo too for me. Bye!" Alex says into his phone

Alex's invite arrived in his post earlier today and he's just calling Harry to say thank you. Harry's been extremely busy with work and wedding planning, he hasn't been answering any of our calls. I don't blame him though. I told Alex to drop him a voice message for Harry to hear when he's free.

It's mid March and the weather's gotten so much better. It's after school, Alex and I have planned to go to the park near our house earlier, so that's where we're currently at right now. We have some time to kill until we have to go back to school to see our friends' football game. I've brought a blanket with me, Alex also has his guitar which he'd taken with him this morning. I'm laying on the blanket, my head on Alex's lap.

It seems like it's been forever since the last time we could actually go outside for more than 5 minutes without freezing our ass off. I still haven't learned to like the cold, you guys. The air is still crisp and chilly, rays of sunshine hitting at the right spots.

I look up to see Alex's face and reach for his stubble beard and moustache, "What's with the beard and moustache, Mister?"

"You don't like them?"

I stifle a laugh, "They tickle when I kiss you."

"So you don't want to kiss me then?" He smirks

I pull his face closer to mine and kiss him, "I didn't say that."

"Good. Because I'm keeping them." Alex says

"Oh hell no, you're not." I shake my head

"Why?"

"Well, they make you look older than you are. And you better be looking clean and sleek for my brother's wedding." I say, caressing his cheek with my right hand

"Speaking of that, I should probably go tuxedo shopping soon. Will you come with me?" He asks

I nod, "Of course. I need to get a new dress for the rehearsal dinner too. Are you free this Saturday?"

"Yeah, of course. It's a date." He smiles

I get up and take a seat beside Alex. He pulls his guitar out of the case and places it on his lap, ready to play. 

"Can you play that song by Green Day?" I ask

He looks at me, "Which one?"

"I'm not sure what it's called, but I remember the lyrics though, 'Cause I cannot speak, I lost my voice.. I love you's not enough..'" I sing the part that I remember

"Redundant! Yeah, sure. It's one of my favorite songs by them." Alex nods

I listen to him as his fingers move from fret to fret smoothly, while the other hand never misses the tempo of the strumming. He begins singing, and even though I've heard him sung a million times before, I still feel this tingle inside me everytime I hear him sing.

It's.. perfect. Right here, right now. I wish I could freeze time and be in here forever.

Now I cannot speak, I lost my voice

I'm speechless and redundant

'Cause I love you's not enough

I'm lost for words

I grab my polaroid camera from my bag and looks through the lens towards Alex. I might not be able to freeze time, but I can take a picture of this moment with just a click. Alex stifles a laugh, slightly messing up the chords, until he finally manages to finish the song.