Forty Three

The awaited time has finally come.

Spring break is finally here!

It's bright and early on a Saturday morning, yet we're all gathered at Lilia's house already. Everyone's just too excited to be escaping for our spring break together. The drive to the Hamptons takes about 5 hours, so we figured it'd be better for us to leave early in the morning. Since there are the 10 of us, we divide the group into 3 cars. Alex is driving his car, Travis is riding with us too. Jack, Lilia, Holly and Rian are in Lilia's, and the rest in Chris'.

I honestly don't remember much from the ride because I fall asleep at the back as soon as we hit the road. I don't do mornings really well. But when Alex wakes me up gently when we stop at a diner somewhere, he tells me that we're about 2 hours away from our destination. He asks if I needed to go to the bathroom since we're not likely to stop again after this.

After everyone's done with our business, we continue to hit the road. Travis takes turn driving and Alex sits in the front. I'm thankfully fully awake now after finishing my supposed need of sleep. We chat around as Travis drives, as we are accompanied by the faint sound of a New Found Glory song from the stereo. The conversation just flows so naturally between us! We don't even realize that 2 hours have passed and the next thing we know, Lilia's car pulls into a modern looking mansion that's about twice the size of my house. It is simply amazing.

"Wow, Lil! It wasn't like this when I last came here!" Jas says in awe

"Lilia, I'm begging you. Please unlock the house so I can go take a piss, I'm this close to peeing behind your lovely rose bushes." Travis begs

"Oh Travis, you shouldn't have drunk the whole big gulp." I frown

Everyone laughs and Lilia quickly unlocks the front door, clearly not wanting Travis to spray her roses with his urine. As we enter the mansion, we continue to admire the amazing interior of it. Except for Travis of course, he'll be the first to see how great the toilet is.

I'm not really that surprised, to be honest. Lilia's dad is a renowned neurosurgeon across the country and her mom is an architect. Her mom redesigned this mansion herself 2 years ago, Lilia said. No wonder.

"Make yourselves at home, guys. I'm sorry it's a little bit dusty here and there, we haven't been here since January." Lilia announces

She continues to bring us for a brief tour of the mansion. The bedrooms are all upstairs, there are 5 in total, but we can only use 4 of them since we don't want to derange Lilia's parents' room. They are all so big and spacious that us girls decide just to stay in one room altogether. There's also a pool in the backyard. But my favourite spot has got to be the TV room. There's a huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall and 4 sofas that could unfold into beds.

We decide to do a bit of cleaning here and there first, Lilia and I get kitchen duty to prepare our lunch since they trust us the most in the kitchen. Before the trip, Jas actually has made a list of meals for our 5-day stay here so we wouldn't have to worry about what we want to eat there. It seemed ridiculous at first but now I secretly thank her for being very organised because it is definitely easier. I'm in charge of the grill and fryer, since we're making hamburgers and fries. Lilia's done with the patties and now she's making some vegan meal I don't know the name of for her and Jas since they're both vegans. The others help set out the tables outside. The weather is so nice, we all agree it'd be perfect to eat by the pool.

After we're finished eating, everyone heads inside to change into bathing suit. I take out my only set of bikini since I don't really swim that often. In fact, I haven't even worn them ever since I moved to Baltimore. Lilia, Jas and Holly are already in their bikini, their athletic figure make them look really amazing from years of cheerleading. I still haven't put on mine, so I tell them to go on first without me.

"You guys, I'll catch up in a minute. I just need to call my mom first for a bit. I haven't informed her that we're here already." I say

"Okay, don't be too long! The water's calling our names!" Jas replies

After they all leave the room, I head into the bathroom to go change. I try to call my mom for a few times but she doesn't pick up, so I send her a quick message to tell her that I'm safe and sound. I put on my bikini and for a while, I just stand in front of the mirror.

I sigh.

I put on my sundress over and grab a towel from my duffel bag. But then suddenly I hear a knock on the door.

"Gail? Are you there? It's me." Alex says

"Yeah, come in." I reply

"Hey, what's wrong? Everyone's downstairs. I asked Jas where you were but she said you were still changing. I waited but I just wanted to make sure you're fine." He sits next to me on the foot of the bed

I shake my head, "It's nothing. I'll be down in a minute."

"Gail.. I can tell when you have something in your mind. What is it?" Alex asks once again

I sigh, "Well, this might sound ridiculous. Promise me you won't laugh."

"Why would I?"

"I'm just really insecure to be this exposed around the others. I mean, look at Jas, Lilia and Holly. They all have the perfect body and perfect skin. And me? I'm pale as chalk. I don't have a flat stomach like they do. What am I compared to them?" I confess

Alex takes my hand, planting a kiss on the back of it. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life. It hurts me to know that you're not seeing what I'm seeing. You're beautiful, and I'm never gonna stop reminding you."

"Thanks, Alex. I needed that." I smile at him.

He squeezes my hand and up we stand. We join everyone else, the boys are already in the pool while the girls are still busy applying sunscreen.

"There they are!" Rian hollers

"We're not gonna ask what you guys just did because uh-oh but come on in here already!" Jack says

I laugh, "You're such a perv, Jack!"

"On second thought, I might not get in the water. I don't want to ruin my hair." Holly frowns

"Me too. I'll just dip my toes for a bit and lay under the sun." Lillia adds in

"Come on girls, you're no fun!" Chris splashes some water at us

I take off my sundress, Alex smiles at me proudly. "Shall we?"

"Well.. Holly's right. I don't want to ruin my hair.." I say 

Alex points at my hair, "There's a bee in your hair!"

"What? Oh my God, get it off of me!!" I squeal

But instead, Alex picks me off the ground and runs towards the pool.

"Alex! You are so dead!!" I scream  

But it's too late. He jumps into the water with me in his arms. The other guys are now out of the pool, trying to make the girls get in the pool as well. The girls may be cheerleaders, but they're helpless against the guys with their football player figure. In the end, we're all in the pool. 

"We'll get you guys for this!" Jas laughs

Oh, how I'm looking forward to the next couple of days of spring break with them.