[ 𝟗 ] - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 】

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 】

    "Hi, Courtney," (Y/N) greeted the girl with a smile, sitting next to her on the motor boat that Chris had directed them to once they were nearing their destination, watching as both distrust and utter disinterest crossed her expression

"Who are you again?" She scoffed.

"I'm (Y/N), one of the new contestants, and I have to say that seeing you in person is far more impressive than just on TV."

"You— huh?" Courtney blinked.

It was obvious she was not expecting that.

"You've always been one of my favorite contestants to root for, you know?" (Y/N)'s friendly smile widened, her (E/C) eyes showing complete sincerity to Courtney even though that were far from the truth, and to Alejandro eavesdropping just a couple of seats away, he found himself smirking upon that realization. "As a strong, independent, and highly intellectual woman, it's only natural that I would want you to win."

"O-Of course," Courtney folded her arms over her chest as she proudly jutted her chin out. "Don't tell me things I already know."

"Right, sorry," (Y/N) chuckled. "When I watched season one, though, I was surprised when you and Duncan got together since you seem like total opposites. But I loved the connection between you two! Too bad he's gone now..." She let out a disappointed sigh, and from the corner of her eye, she could see Courtney deflate ever so slightly as well, then continuing, "It really is too bad. I really like you and Duncan together rather than him with Gwen. You could've proven that to him this season."

"Wait, what?" Courtney immediately back-peddled, her eyes sharpening to slits.

    (Y/N) tried to hide her smirk.

    Look at that.

    She took the bait.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂