[ 𝟏𝟏 ] - 𝐑𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 】

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 】

    "I guess I'll ride in the carriage," (Y/N) volunteered just as Noah was about to raise his hand, Chris having stated that someone would have to do so all the way to the finish line since it was a baby carriage race

"I guess I'll ride in the carriage," (Y/N) volunteered just as Noah was about to raise his hand, Chris having stated that someone would have to do so all the way to the finish line since it was a baby carriage race. "Unless, someone else wants to do it instead?"

"I—" Noah tried to speak.

"No," Alejandro immediately interjected as he set a hand on her shoulder, his smile charming and one filled with a certain type of cunning that made her eyes narrow in suspicion. "After all the hard work you've done, you deserve more than this simple rest during today's challenge. Yes... you deserve to win first place and ride in style in first class."

    "Um... thanks?" She said that in a questioning tone as she got in the baby carriage.

    "My pleasure," he smirked.

    Letting out a sigh at Alejandro's flirtatious manner, (Y/N) had to put up with him driving the stroller down the longest path considering they had arrived last and having to sing. Fortunately, all three times arrived at about the same time, the apples they found in the pond huge.

    "Remember, no hands!" Chris chuckled from where he and Chef stood on a large rock.

    "I totally got this, guys!" Tyler exclaimed as he attempted to dive into the pond only to land flat on his stomach before sinking in the water, most everyone cringing from his painful it looked.

    "You got this, Tyler!" (Y/N) tried to cheer him on after he recovered.

    She then crossed her arms.

    How is he supposed to get that apple over here with just his hands? Hopefully he'll find a solution that gives us an edge.

    "Central Park is so romantic, don't you find, (Y/N)?" Alejandro hummed from behind her, the girl turning her head to find him leaning against the handle of the stroller with that charming smile of his again, staring at her almost expectantly so. "I mean, to be here, together... it's almost like fate, wouldn't you agree?"

    "Okay, there," she scoffed with a slight smirk. "Slow down, Romeo."

    "I'm not sure I know how," he took her hand and held it to his chest, the girl able to feel his heartbeat underneath her fingers.

    "Ugh, barf," Heather exclaimed from beside them.

    Alejandro glanced at her for a moment before shrugging and then wheeling the carriage holding (Y/N) farther away from Team Amazon and closer to Team Chris. Heather looked shocked at that, her lips then curling into a snarl as she stomped her foot and looked away, clearly peeved. (Y/N) snickered at that, but then turned her attention back to where Tyler was using his head to bash the apple closer and closer to the edge of the pond.

    Finally, Alejandro grabbed the apple and placed it gently on top of (Y/N) while Owen grabbed a seemingly concussed Tyler so they could race off to the finish line.

    It was there, in the middle of Central Park, where they met back up with Chef and Chris

    "We're awesome!" Owen then shouted once it was clear that they had claimed victory, Izzy not far behind him in celebrating.

    "And the winner of the New York challenge is Team I am so smokin' hot!" Chris exclaimed just as the other teams got there, Team Victory unfortunately arriving last yet again and letting out a groan of disappointment. "Team Victory, congrats on somehow coming in last... again. Like, how does that keeping happening, haha! Lucky for you, you won't have to face elimination 'cause this is really a reward challenge! Haha, psyche."

    "Yes!" (Y/N) cheered.

    When catching her gaze, Alejandro gave her a wink in response.

    Once more shrugging off his advances—she wasn't even sure if they were advances or just strategy to convince her into forming an alliance—(Y/N) stepped out of the carriage to stretch her legs. As Chris directed the teams onto the plane which was not too far along with the interns to collect the three apples and baby carriages, it wasn't long before they were up in the sky flying to their next destination. Currently, Team Chris was in the elimination room, the three apples facing them instead of a parachute.

    "As the winners of this reward challenge, you guys get to keep or dump the prizes in the apples," Chris announced from behind his podium. "So, have at it, ladies and gents."

    Catching the wooden mallet thrown his way, Alejandro walked up to the first apple on the right and swung down, the glass-like material shattering to reveal candy. Doing the same with the other two, he found a meat grinder and more smaller apples. Owen gasped upon seeing the food, practically salivating at the sight he found it so beautiful.

    "These are all good prizes," (Y/N) spoke as she came to stand beside Alejandro, her gaze roving over to their non-edible prize. "But, that meat grinder must be what helps us in the next challenge."

    "How intuitive," Alejandro complemented her.

    "I know," she shrugged.

    His brows raised.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"(Y/N) knows that she is smart, meaning she knows that she has to keep me at arms length," Alejandro chuckled rather viciously as he pulled his leg up to his chest in the toilet confessional. "Oh, but she will fall. It won't be long before she does. Then, she'll have no choice but to need me."

He blinked.

"To win!" He then continued. "She'll need me to win. And then, she's gone."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

While Alejandro was not pleased that (Y/N) didn't respond in the usual way—i.e. giggling softly or becoming flustered—he was happy with the fact that she had finally approached him first. After so long of him being the one to first walk up to her, to first speak with her, to first make eye contact with her, it was a pleasant shift.

"With this, we'll win the next challenge, no?" Alejandro grinned as he walked beside (Y/N) with the rest of their teammates up to first class.

"There's no doubt," she smirked.