Day 8 Wanderer x Reader (Winter Weekends)

3rd Person Pov:

Wanderer was on the couch again for being inappropriate in the letter to Santa.

"Am I allowed off the couch now for the SECOND time?" Wanderer asked with his arms crossed

"Yep, and today we're doing a candy cane hunt I'm getting your auntie Nahida to spread the candy canes around the house"

"Oka-Auntie Nahida?!"

"Yeah, Auntie Nahida"

While you guys were discussing they heard the door bell ring.

"Oh right on time" Y/N said going to the door and opening it

"Well hello Y/N! And hello nephew, how have you two been doing?" Nahida asked

"We've been doing great Nahida! Please come inside!" Y/N said stepping to the side so she can come in

When she was inside she gave both of you guys a hug and sat down on the couch. Y/N explained to her about wanting her to hide the candy canes around the house as to which she agreed. Y/N went out to get the candy canes leaving Nahida and Wanderer by themselves.

"So nephew, have you been treating Y/N right? Have they been treating you right?"

"Well of course, you know, this relationship is better than the one with Haypasia"

"Oh nephew, you must be so in love with Y/N" Nahida said, smiling and feeling proud of Wanderer

"They're so much different, they make me feel really special auntie, I've never felt like this before"

"I could tell, you usually give everyone the mean face but I seem to notice you smile more with them, and not saying you don't smile but other people don't make you smile like they do"

"Was it easy to notice?"

"Well it was easy for me to notice, sometimes you just openly smile without a care and sometimes you just slightly smile"

"You really observe auntie"

"Of course!"

The whole time Y/N was gone Wanderer and Nahida talked, Nahida even made chocolate chip cookies but not without asking for permission first. Wanderer had to tell her that it was okay to use the kitchen supplies as long as it was her or Y/N. The back door unlocked and Y/N walked inside.

"I got the candy canes! You ready to hide them around the house Nahida?"

"Of course I'm ready!"

Y/N handed Nahida the candy canes and Nahida told both Y/N and Wanderer to step out. They obliged and decided to go for a walk until Nahida called and told them to come back in. Y/N happily told Wanderer about what happened while they were getting the candy canes and he held his hand in theirs.

"Y/N I may be mean sometimes and all but I hope you know that I really love you, and you've made me the happiest man I could ever be"

"Aww Kuni.." Y/N said hugging him

Wanderer's phone rang and he picked up. When he was done talking to who Y/N assumed was Nahida, he took them back to the house and saw Nahida standing at the front entrance.

"Alright guys! Make sure to keep it positive, don't cheat, and just have fun!" Nahida said happily

"I think I'll definitely win" Wanderer confidently told Y/N

"Well last time we did some type of hunt I was the one to win"

"We're not going to think about that! I'm better now and faster!"

"Yeah okay Kuni"

"Alright you two!" Nahida interrupted

"Sorry auntie" you both said in sync

"No worries! Now get ready in 3...2...1!"

Y/N started off by running to the side of the couch and reached under, grabbing a candy cane. Y/N went to the other side of the living room but felt a big gust of wind go past them. Looking to the direction it came from they saw Wanderer using his flying ability to quickly get to the candy canes.

"You're going too slow Y/N! Run faster if you want to win"

"You can't use your skill that's cheating!" You protested

"Yeah actually nephew she's right, technically that's cheating so get down!" Nahida scolded

"And if I don't?"

"..."

"I'm waiting" Wanderer said to Nahida mockingly

"..." Suddenly Nahida magically had a flip flop in her hand. "What did I say? Get down!"

"Yes ma'am" Wanderer said instantly getting down

While that happened Y/N watched and snickered. Wanderer caught notice and huffed in embarrassment.

"Alright let's count the candy canes and see who got the most!" Nahida said, going to your Christmas bags and counting the candy canes inside of both of them

"Obviously I got the most"

"Her announcement will tell us all we need to know, I'm the winner!"

"Keep dreaming love"

"Okay you two I've counted and it looks to be..." Nahida trailed off

"A tie!" She showed you guys the equal amount of candy canes

"So we're both winners?" Y/N asked

"Well yes, you both are so good job to both of you!"

"Well Kuni was right, he might've improved but it's still technically not more than what I got"

"Whatever Y/N, good job though my love"

After the hunt you guys ate some candy canes and put the rest all around the tree. Nahida put on her coat and waved goodbye at both of you. When she left you slumped down on the couch and sighed.

"What? Don't tell me that tired you out"

"And what if it did?"

"Then you do you, guess you just won't have any cookies Nahida made"

"She made cookies?!"

"On the top shelf in the fridge" he pointed

You went to the fridge and heated up some of the sweetened leftover cookies Nahida made. Wanderer knew he had already ate some of the unsweetened ones so he just left you eat yours and went to the patio to look at the Christmas lights outside. Shortly after you walked up behind him and hugged him from behind.

"Thank you for doing these activities with me this month Kuni"

"Anything for you, Y/N"