🌸Angst Kabukimono x Reader

𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 "Cherish me while you can"

࿔‧ ֶָ֢˚˖𐦍˖˚ֶָ֢ ‧࿔

You've known Kabukimono for some time now. The first time you guys met was coincidental. You picking lavender melons for your family and as you got to the next tree you spotted him, picking the same fruits you were picking.

Of course he was confused, not expecting you to be there. After both exchanging introductions you guys talked from there. He told you that he had picked them for his friend. You asked him who his friend was and he told you the name. As expected, the name wasn't familiar to you. Eventually, you had to go and bid your goodbyes to each other.

A one time event is what you thought it'd be. But as you went back to that same place you saw him again, for the same reason as before. You greeted him once again, and talked to him once more. To you he was quite comforting to talk to, and you did enjoy it.

2 meetings turned into-well you lost count. And friendship soon turned into love, at least on your part.

Your family had wondered why you'd been out a bit later than usual, so you finally told them.

"A boy? Do you like this young man?" Your mother and father questioned. You debunked the thoughts to spare you the embarrassment they'd give you if you confirmed it since usually when you liked boys on a rare occasion your parents would tease you about it.

Though it was sooner or later that they'd find him. Your mom wanted to help you pick lavender melons since you guys were holding a huge traditional event at the house with other family. Same place, same time, same guy that you've been talking to all this time. Only this time, your mom was with you. She asked you if this was the guy you had been telling them about and you confirmed that it was in fact him. As expected, your mother was happy to see him and started talking to him. Kabukimono was actually very happy to meet your mom too. Your mom soon took him back to the place you and your family stayed at and waited for your dad to come outside. Once he arrived he looked at Kabukimono, then back at you and whispered.

"You might have found a good one" as he grinned at you. You couldn't help but feel flustered and whispered back to him, denying any romantic relations with Kabukimono.

Your mom offered to let Kabukimono come inside and have dinner with them, but Kabukimono denied. He told you guys that he wouldn't ever eat without his friend. It made you a bit sad but you understood where he was coming from, and you guys wished him a farewell.

Three weeks later and your birthday arrived, you were now 19. It was going well as usual, but you did wish to see Kabukimono, so you did. You went to the usual spot that you'd mostly meet him at and to your fortune he was there again. Seeing his face again was really refreshing, and it was like he had gotten more beautiful. You always wondered how someone could be this pretty.

You hugged him and he hugged back. His clothing was very soft, but you were confused as to why he would wear those type of clothes considering they were more feminine.

You and Kabukimono hung out more for your birthday, and you both carved your initials in a tree nearby. You wanted to tell him how you felt so bad, like the words were going to burst and spill out. And you were going to, if your mother hadn't called you back in. You said goodbye to Kabukimono and went back inside your house.

The next day you went back, not to pick lavender melons this time. You were confident, you wanted to tell him how you felt. Although, upon arriving there you didn't see him anywhere. So you decided to wait for him. Minutes turned to an hour and you just thought that maybe it was because he didn't need to go out so soon. But days after he never showed up. Going into two months and he still hadn't showed up.

You decided to wander around the town of Inazuma and help Katheryne with some deeds that needed to be done. One of them required you to help the tailor ask people around about something that had to do with their clothes. While you were making your way there you had bumped into someone. When you looked up you instantly recognized it as Kabukimono.

"Kabuki!" You called out and grabbed his shoulder.

Your excitement turned into concern seeing how cold and perhaps..bothered he looked when he turned around and faced you.

"I'm sorry Y/N but I just..don't want to talk to you. I don't want to be around you anymore" he told you.

Your heart sank, your chest hurt. His words hurt like a dagger.

"W-What...?" You mumbled out.

"I do not wish to see you anymore Y/N, it's for your own good" he told you as he started to walk off.

You wanted to chase after him, convince him to change his mind, even ask what you had done to make him feel that way. Yet you couldn't find yourself moving an inch, standing there and trying to fully process his words. Hot tears trolled down your cheek as you just decided to go back home. You didn't tell you parents anything, you didn't want to worry them.

Ever since then it had been almost two years since you saw him. You hoped to see him at your house, wanting to see you again. He never came back. You finally decided to go back to the spot that you guys had always met up at, but to your surprise almost all of the trees were destroyed. Your mother and father were already there, looking at the damage that was done. They saw you and decided to distract you by taking you back to the house. But in the distance you noticed only one tree standing. The one with the carved initials of you and Kabuki.

Fin 𓇢𓆸

...I apologize for the long break guys