Chapter 27: A Thousand Years

There was a wedding at the Centauri pack

The full moon danced in the sky as stars glimmered in the dark blanket cascading over the forest. Everyone was overflowing with excitement as they prepared for the joyous celebration.

Vincent stood alone in his bedroom looping the black tie around his collar, the satin cloth slid across the crisp white shirt as he perfectly knotted a bow. The chaos outside his door was evident when he heard Hailey shouting for Viola and Azura to quit lazing around with champagne and get dressed.

Vincent smiled, he didn't realize how fast these past few days passed. Everyone planned the wedding in record time because Vincent and Ryder weren't looking for anything grand. They kept the event simple and sweet.

He took the black cuffs off the table and hooked them onto the ends of his sleeves. Buttoning them up, he smoothed the front of his shirt and stared at the mirror. He styled his hair, raked away from his face and applied a bit more cologne than usual. He tried to take a breath but the nerves wouldn't settle and he didn't really know why he was feeling this way. More than anything, he should be excited and he was, but now, the ticking clock took away the excitement and heaved nervousness into his body.

He fixed his hair and tugged on the collar of his shirt, he was about to put his tuxedo's blazer on, which Zoya tailored for him, when his phone pinged loudly.

Instantly, a smile crept up Vincent's lips and he read the message on the screen; Are you nervous?

He grabbed it and called Ryder, the phone hardly rung for a second before it was answered. The other side of the line was bombarded with Zoya's voice who was raving about the new tuxedo she made Ryder too.

"V," Ryder's voice melted through Vincent and it was like all was going to be okay no matter what happened.

"Are you nervous?" Vincent asked him instead.

"I thought I'd be," Ryder answered. "But not really. Now, I get how everyone else felt before us."

Vincent leaned on the dresser. "I love you," he said gently and felt Ryder's warm smile through the phone.

"I love you too," he answered.

"Ryder, get off the phone!" Zoya yelled. "I need to check your suit."

"You checked it a million times!" Ryder groaned.

"Drakov, I'm pregnant and hormonal, don't mess with me," Zoya forwarned.

Ryder chuckled. "I'll see you at the alter in fifteen minutes, baby," he replied cunningly.

Vincent wasn't nervous anymore. He was more than ready and wished for the damn clock to speed up. They cut the phones and he looked out his balcony window were the entire field was glittering with lights that were strung high in a criss-cross pattern. Below was the dance floor arranged with an open bar and food that could feed a country. The white tent was gleaming under all the lights and there were Bone's white roses embellishing each and every spot.