Hurt

This part continues from the chapter, struggling

Mitch (POV)

"But you're gonna have to bring that girl home, dear"
My uncle finishes with a smile and leaves me confused.

"Who are you talking about?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

"Paz Delgado of course, I've heard you're back together with her"

Huh?

"What? no I'm not, I'm with someone else now and I think I might love her." I pause after realizing the magnitude of what I've just said and a goofy grin takes over my face.

"She's so beautiful and so funny and sensitive. I think she might actually be the one for me Uncle Carlisle, me yere daakye (my future wife)" I say happily.

"I love her uncle"

He looks perplexed for a while then a blood curdling frown settles in his features.

"You can't do that Mitchel, I want nothing to do with the Andersons" he says with his eyes narrowed into slits. He stands up from his seat and walks to a nearby shelf behind me .

"What do you mean? How do you know she's an Anderson?" he throws a couple of files in front of me on his desk.

"I know everybody around you Mitchel " he says cooly.

"You've been stalking me?" I ask feeling angry all of a sudden.

"Not really, I've been looking out for you boy" he says with nonchalance .

"I'm a grown man, leave me alone. I don't care about what you think about Serena. I love her and that's all I know." With that I'm prepared to storm out of his study but he calls me back.

"What?" I hiss.

"Read the files, son you'll know what I'm saying "

I pick one of them and lightly skim through it and its pictures of Serena with some reports. I throw the file back on his desk and lean closer to him.

"You can stalk me uncle but leave her out of this"

"That young girl is a wild child from an arrogant and deceitful family, I don't want to have anything to do with them "

"What are you even talking about? They're an okay family and also stable in the finance department
,what's your problem with them?"

"Mr Anderson, he's my problem ."

"Why?"

"Because he is a criminal he has been having dealings with a drug lord for months now."

What?

"What does that have to with Serena?"

"You cant be with her, she's the daughter of a criminal who will soon loose his fortune"

"What do you mean? "

"Her father and I had a deal if he is to keep his wealth and assets he is to convince her to leave the country"

"You're nuts"

"If you really do love her as much as you claim then you'll do it, let her be "

"Why are you so against us? What's wrong with Serena? Uncle Carlisle, I can't do this she's everything to me."

"I'm afraid you have no choice . Break up with her "

"How?"

"Do it under the pretense of not wanting to have anything to do with a criminal's daughter"