The silver lining

(A/N part of Serena's room on the side)

Serena (POV)

Oh my God!

What is he doing here? I said I'd think about it. Drake is the type that will never stop persisting, sometimes it made him look soo darn attractive. Mitch is clenching his fists and trying really hard to hide his jealousy, all to no avail .

He shoots me a questioning glare. I hope these two can contain themselves, their testosterone better not result in a fist match . This is a residential area plus its right in front of my home. My parents would flip if a brawl ensues and definitely wouldn't hesitate to call the police .

Even if I am to beg and plead on my knees they wouldn't budge, my parents don't take nonsense. We walk toward Drake and he shoots me a why is he here look? look .

Mitch greets him and he responds . "I thought you two had broken up "

Mitch replies "Well as you can see we're back together" as he puts his arm over me, possessively.

All the while, I'm just standing there praying chaos doesn't ensue . I'm caught right in the middle, I'm praying the Lord's prayer right now . I don't like fights. I'm a peace loving girl, fights, tension, conflict all make me nervous,  I can't stand them.

D says goodbye to me and says he'll call me and Mitch retorts "You better not " and D is like "You're not the boss of me"

"I don't care she's mine back off" Mitch replies and D replies "She was mine first"

Mitch says "Well she's mine now, you better back off or you'll regret it D" he says mockingly.

One would think that having two guys at odds because of me would make me happy, well guess what I'm not enjoying this at all .

"I'm soo scared" D says sarcastically .

"Get out of here, I'm not saying it again" Mitch says with a warning tone.

Things could get very ugly very soon.

"I'm not repeating this again either, you're not the boss of me " D says .

"Okay, okay let's break this up, D, I'll see you tomorrow at school" I say like a referee and turn to Mitch.

"Mitch, babe, go home please" I peg him goodbye and beg them to disperse .

If I didn't intervene, we would have had a brawl so intense that that of Bukom Banku and Ayittey Powers could never have compared.

After they left I spoke into the electronic device that operated the voice activated gates and watched them slide open, they used to creep me out cause in horror movies the doors that opened on their own always led to imminent death.

I walked through the large compound through the garden then across the large steps that led to the house . I was soo exhausted, what an emotional day .

I slept like a baby though in my queen sized luxury bed . My room was HUGE, I don't mean to brag but it seriously was, I could fit an entire circus here and there'd still be enough space for a car park.

My parents use to spoil me rotten until my grandmother arrived and convinced them to be hard on me .

I attended a first class school, I had a pink Ferrari one just like Nicki Minaj's, an allowance of GH¢2000 a month and a trip to Harold's in the UK every 6 months for a shopping spree.

Life was amazing, though I was bratty as hell, my standards for a guy were either a prince, a millionaire tycoon's son or the son of the president, anything below that doesn't deserve a second glance .

I miss my former lifestyle but because of my attitude I never had any real friends just fair weather friends who tagged along for my trips around the world .

At least I have the girls even though I lost my Ferrari, my allowance is now GH¢ 500 a month and the closest I've gotten to Harold's was Harold Nielsen in my Spanish class, all I have left is my luxurious room and fabulous closet .

The next morning, I got ready for school, this time in a body hugging, wine coloured, knee length dress with a black belly band, matching all stars and heart shaped pendant. On my fore finger, I had my Topaz ring and on my wrist I had Mitch's grandmother's rosary wound around it .

I had breakfast and drove myself to school. The girls were ecstatic with the news. Roxy asked if we finally kissed and I replied no we didn't we're waiting for the right time and she was like just get it over with, the suspense is killing us . Julie asked us to quiet down, she has some news .

We did said and she spilled the beans , she's dating Ricks now . In unison we yelled in glee attracting weird looks from the others , we had a group hug and congratulated her.

A few weeks ago she told us she was crushing on him and I called my boo cause Ricks was his bestie practically his bro and he managed to make him admit he liked her back . Talk about Mr and Mrs cupid,we can double date now yipee . Just then Drake walked up to us . Oh what now?

Authors note

Sorry for the late update I've been feeling lazy lately. Vote, comment, share, enjoy the chapter . Forgive the errors don't feel like proof reading .

For my foreign readers

The bout between Bukom Banku and Ayittey Powers is sorta like that of Mayweather and Pacquiao but in Ghana.