♫︎ - 22

Once home Harry was already sitting on the couch with a blanket, watching tv. He smiled once noticing me. "Hi babe, had a good day at work?"

I bit my lip. "Yea..." I trailed off, not knowing how to start this conversation.

He furrowed his brows, not buying my fake smile and answers. "What's wrong lou? I can read you like a book, don't try to fool me," he smiled softly and patted the spot beside him on the couch, and I took the invite.

I rested my head on his lap and looked up at him. "I saw him today, at the hospital."

He was puzzled for a second before it clicked. "No way, you sure?!"

I nodded hesitantly. "I told him to never even come close to us or anything for the matter, I handled it, you don't have to fear him, hazz, I will protect you."

He closed his eyes for a second, taking in all the information. "Thanks," is all he said, feeling pretty overwhelmed.

I sighed. "Wanna tell me what you think, feel?"

He bit his lip and I swept my finger across it to stop it, instead pecking him quickly for a second.

He smiled, his eyes full of sadness but also relieve. "I never thought any of us would come across him, really," he started, adjusting himself and leaning onto me, playing with my hair.

"I feel relieved honestly, it gives me closure knowing he can't hurt me, talking to dr. Ramsey is helping and I know he did some damage, but I won't let him ruin my life and that gives me peace in a way, it provides a spot for love to come through, your support and love."

I cupped his cheek and we shared a loving kiss. "Thanks babe but you're the one doing the work, I'm glad you're happier again, smiling a lot more often, can tell you're healing."

He nodded. "You helped me find the pieces and I made the puzzle, you're healing a heart you didn't break and that means the world to me, lou."

I wiped some tears off his cheek and hadn't realised I was crying myself until he did the same action to me.

"You mean the world to me, hazza."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

——

After that time we had a lot more conversations about all sort of things. The future, anything really.

Harry was doing amazing and even asked me to tag along to dr. Ramsey next week, which of course I agreed on.

I had always known there was so much more than sadness behind those sparkling, emerald green eyes and I was right, even able to get him to a point he could show happiness and know he deserved to feel joy every second of the day for the rest of his life.

The boys were handling everything real well as well, never pushing or judging Harry and always loving him in a friendly way just like Harry did the same.

He had told the boys something about his past as well and they all had thanked him for opening up and it seems like every since then their bond even grew closer, which I loved to see.

They are always bonding and teasing me anyways and even though I act like it's annoying, I love it and Harry knows that. When he and Zayn threw apple pie in my face and run upstairs, giggling I can't help but smile and think about some sweet old revenge.

Niall took him out often and picked him up from the bakery, talking him into baking him some sweets, and Liam would teach him how to make new pasteries and other sorts of things that I wouldn't know the name of but tastes amazing.

It felt like everything just came together, but I knew I had one job left alongside obviously loving and protecting him forever, knowing he would always and forever do the same, an unspoken, mutual deal we had.

That night we were laying in bed watching tv and talking some when he pulled me closer and caressed my cheek.

"You really are an angel, you know that?"

I giggled. "Could say the same about you, just wanna be yours."

He smiled as I played with his curls who were starting to grow rather quickly over the last couple of weeks, we were all growing it seemed and it made me very happy.

"You already got me, won't ever let you go now that I got you."

He showed me a grin that I never not wanted to see again, like I wanted to hold onto it forever and keep it in a frame even.

"I will do the same to you." He pulled me even closer as to prove his point.

We both chuckled. "Wouldn't want to have it any other way, love."