chapter 2 - tournament

I walk into the stadium and it's filled to the brim with people. I try to find Tomate when I hear somebody yelling my name to the left of me. He's jumping and waving his hands in the air. I wave to him and blush in embarrassment, the other women give me weird looks.

Great.

I look away but do a double take to see my mom waving next to him and grinning. She must've taken the day off to see me fight. I almost started to cry as I waved to her with a big smile.

————

I walk into this locker room and I see all the other female Saiyans, all dressed in the typical armor. Looking down at myself, I'm wearing my worn-out shoes and my Gi. Everybody seems to be looking at me, some laugh.

Absolutely wonderful.

I think to myself as somebody comes in and starts to yell names.

"Here!"

"Present!"

"Not here" Laughs come from her friends as I cringe.

"Miss F/n L/n" I raise my hand and say here while the other females look and start to whisper to each other.

"Isn't that the girl whose father died immediately trying to fight Frieza?"

"Yeah, how weak. He only got hit once."

They snicker as I look down and the floor. This rage is going to be harder to control than I thought. They don't even know what happened.

————

Flashback...

Y/n's father's pov.

"Taro! You ready?" Bardock yells.

"Yes sir!" I readjust my scouter to make sure it doesn't fall off.

"Well well well, what do we have here? Some simple monkeys coming to play?" Frieza's sinister voice pierces my ears.

"Frieza! You need to stop this madness! Our people are hurting!" Bardock pleads with him. We're planning an attack on him, I don't know why. He's too strong, I'll try anything to protect my family and this planet.

"Oh?" The white and purple devil laughs. "Let's see, an attack on the one and only Lord Frieza? How ridiculous, you monkeys couldn't do anything if you tried." He glares at everybody and smirks, charging up a small energy blast.

"Hmm, eenie, meenie, minie," He stares at my comrade Paragus with sinister eyes.

"Moe!" His finger goes to me and shoots me straight through the heart. I collapse on the ground as my comrades kneel next to me.

"Taro, Taro! Can you hear me!" Bardock's voice rings in and out.

"Pl-please, watch over..m-my, family." Everything fades away as I hear others yell my name.

————

End of flashback.

————

We draw numbers and I pick the number 19. I look at the board and see my opponent, her name is Leek S.

The announcer's microphone rings causing multiple people to cover their ears.

"GOOOOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND WELCOME TO THE FIRST TOURNAMENT OF PLANET VEGETAAAA!" The audience starts to clap and whistle.

"Now as you know, the first-place winner gets a $10,000 prize. So wish your fighters good luck as they enter the ring and best of luck to alllll you ladies!" The announcer walks off the platform as the clapping dies down.