chapter 24 - surprises and getting ready

"Y/n, will you marry me?"

I throw myself around him and we both fall to the ground.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you Vegeta." I can feel that my mascara is streaming down my face. But I don't care, I've been waiting for this moment with him since the first day we met.

He leans up and smashes his lips on mine. This is nothing like any kiss we've ever had before, it's so passionate yet gentle at the same time.

Pulling away for air, I lean back and smile at him. To my surprise, he smiles back, not a smirk or a grin, an actual smile.

"Never thought I'd see you smile like that." I laugh through my tears.

"I only smile like this for you." The kiss we share again is just so magical, I can't believe it.

"EEEEE VEGETA! YOU DID IT!" A loud squeal ruins the moment.

We both sit up and Vegeta jumps to his feet.

"KAKAROT WHAT THE HELL! I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME HERE!"

"Well, we wanted to see!" He nervously laughs.

"WE?!" Vegeta and I both look at our surroundings but see nobody.

Slowly, Chili emerges from behind a tree with a beat red face.

"Oh my god." Vegeta whispers under his breath.

Chili runs up and engulfs me in a huge hug. "How did you get here so fast?"

"He said I wasn't flying fast enough so he carried me." She whispers and nudges her head in Kakarot's direction.

My mouth drops and I grab her and run behind a huge tree.

"How was it? Was it awkward? Did he say anything? Oh my god Chili!" I grab her hands and we both jump up and down.

"Shhh! It was well, kinda awkward. But only at first. He pretended to drop me and then after we were talking and laughing the rest of the way here! Oh my, I think I've fallen in love." She dramatically places her hand on her chest and swoons.

We both end up clutching our stomachs because we're laughing too hard.

"Y/n, have you told him yet?" She pokes at my belly.

"No, I was waiting for him to come back from whatever he was doing. But clearly, I came to him first."

"Well, when are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know, is now a good time? I don't want to ruin the moment, what if he doesn't want-

"Hey, Chili?" I stop talking and we peek our heads around the tree where Kakarot and Vegeta are standing.

"I think we better go, the new lump on my head hurts and I'm hungry." We both look at each other and I nudge her forward.

"O-of course!" She starts to lift off but she's interrupted.

"Wait! I-I'll carry you. Um, I'm super hungry?" I look at Kakarot now and his face is so red it looks like he's going to pass out.

————

"I take it she likes him?" My new fiancé and I both watch them get smaller and smaller away.

"I take it he likes her?" We look at each other and nod.

"I think it's time to get them together, don't you think?" A mischievous smirk comes across my face and he returns it.

"Of course, he needs a woman so he can stop pestering me so much. But never mind that, I still have more for you. "