chapter 10 - manhunt

Small warning this chapter contains language and mention of s/a and r***
I will put a warning before, I hope you enjoy

—————

Y/n's POV.

"Oh." My throat starts to lock up a little bit, but I push it down as much as I can.

What if they don't find him? Will he still keep his promise?

A voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Cheer up. Your french toast is here." Vegeta lifts my chin and I give him a small grin.

"Alright miss y/n, here is your french toast, fruit, and milk." A waitress sets down my plates in-front of me.

"Thank you, Y/n is fine. I don't like all the formal stuff." I smile at her as she nods her head.

"Prince, your food is coming out now." She motions a hand and trays come out with all of his food and a gallon of milk.

"A gallon???" I look at him with my eyes wide as I turn and see my cup.

"Well, how do you expect me to wash this all down?" He gives me a small smirk and we begin to eat our breakfast.

————

"How the hell did you finish before me?" I glance over to Vegeta as he's taking the last drink of milk and stacking his empty plates. I look at my food and it's only half gone.

"I have a big appetite." He leans over to my ear and whispers.

"Maybe you'll be my dessert tonight." He gives a small laugh as my face turns red.

"Yeah, in your dreams." I put another bite into my mouth to avoid embarrassing myself.

"Oh? What's that smell then?" He dramatically takes a big sniff in the air and looks down.

"Um- uh- must be the food. Ha. Who knows! Not me!" I finish and stack my plates quickly as I get up.

"I still remember what you did the other night. Don't think I'll forget it." He pushes in his chair as the servers bow and take away our dishes.

"O-okay." I start to walk out "Wait. If you're going to be gone today where am I supposed to go? No offense, but I don't really want to be alone today." I rub the back of my neck and look down.

"Hmm, I assumed so." He thinks for a minute and gets an idea "Tell you what, you and Chili can take one of my guards and go into town today. Go do whatever you want and I'll see you for dinner, okay?"

"Okay well how am I supposed to do anything if I don't have any money?" I tilt my head and wait for his response.

"Follow me." He holds out his arm, but when I go to grab it he takes my hand and interlocks our fingers. I tense and he looks at me with a face of worry.

"I'm sorry, is this okay?" He lifts up his hand a little bit.

"Oh! Yeah this is okay, I was just taken aback that's all." I give him a smile as he nods and continues walking.

He lets go of my hand to open the door to his chambers and rummages through his side table.

"Ah, there you are." He holds up his wallet.

"Oh. No it's okay, I can just stay in my room today and-

"Nonsense." He holds up his hand. "It was my idea, use mine. Buy whatever you want, go to the park, go shopping or buy food."

"But-" I try to interject but he interrupts me again.

"No buts." He places the wallet in my hands. "I'll call for Chili and my guard Arti." He puts on his scouter and starts to press a button.