chapter 14 - plans and threats

Vegeta's POV.

I think about what I can do to get out of this arranged marriage with Leek as I'm walking back to Y/n.

I walk into the infirmary and take a deep breath to steady myself.

"Kakarot, I never thought I'd ask you this. But I need a brain to help me think." I mumble the last words. A prince asking for help? Ridiculous.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean! I'm not stupid, I'm actually very incoherent." He smiles and puffs his chest out.

"It's intelligent you idiot." I cross my arms and look away as I continue talking.

"Father arranged me to marry Leek and said unless her parents back out I can't do anything. So I need advice on how to convince them to have her not marry me."

Kakarot just looks and grins at me.

"Stop smiling. I'm not joking." I glare at him but his grin turns into a big smile.

"WHY ARE YOU SMILING!"

"You love her don't you." He giggles and points at the tank holding Y/n.

"What? I don't love anybody." I scoff and a small blush comes across my face.

"They why do you always get so concerned about her? Why do you want to get out of this marriage so bad? Why did you kill Raditz? Didn't she stay in your room? What about the shopping spree?" He smirks at me again.

Crap. I've been exposed.

I have no comeback at all "Oh- oh SHUT UP!" My face heats up.

"She's not that bad actually, if you end up having to marry Leek, I might just ask her to be my mate instead." Kakarot just shrugs and looks away.

"Don't you fucking dare Kakarot."

"And why would that be?" He leans forward at me and smiles.

"FINE! SO WHAT!"

"HA! I KNEW IT!" He points at me and jumps. His stupid smile never leaving his face.

"Whatever." I mumble and look away from him. "And get that stupid smile off your face."

"Alright so, now that that's over, I think you should go over there and try to convince them."

"Tch. Yeah right. Do you really think that would work? Definitely not. Anybody would want to marry into the royal family."

"Well then we need to give them a good reason not to." He gives me a smile.

"And just what are you getting at?" I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

————

Kakarot tells me his idea and over the course of the hour we tweak it and come up with the perfect solution.

"Do you really think this is gonna work Kakarot?" I say as I try to put on my cape, fiddling with the clasps.

"Of course! We've practiced what you're going to say so many times! Just put on the prince act and tell them!"

I fidget with my hands and take a deep breath.

"Wow Vegeta, I have never seen you nervous before." He walks up to me and continues. "Listen, I know how Y/n feels about you, and I can't imagine you or her with anybody else! I've never seen you act like this towards anybody. I know you've got this. Just drop your pride for 2 minutes and keep it cool! I'll be right around the corner from you waiting. You've got this man!" He shakes my shoulders.