Chapter 3: Prepare for CBS

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION: Am I Wrong by ENVY }

Everything went into a hectic mess after that. You begin looking through every box in the house, desperate to lay eyes on your nice clothes. As you look, you curse to yourself over the fact that you didn't think to have those clothes in the first of four truck loads.

But then again, you didn't anticipate this interview today. At all.

You hear a car pull up outside, followed soon by Roza's shout. "I'M HERE!"

Turning around, you stand in the doorway, laughing. "I'm freaking OUT."

Roza grins. "I know that includes more than just one reason, but we're going to stick with the fact that you have no clothes for an interview in an hour and a half."

"Don't remind me," you groan. "I still haven't found good clothes."

Roza smirks. "Well, then, it's a good thing I'm quick." She holds up a bag from Nordstrom. "Here's your full outfit, dahhling."

Your eyes widen. "You didn't!!!"

"Oh but I did, Y/N. You do realize this is one of the biggest interviews yet, right? If you get this job at CBS, you could be in," Roza says.

You squeal and take the bag, peeking inside and seeing a beautiful royal blue silk collared top with a pencil skirt and heeled, open-toed shoes.

"You'll blow them away," Roza grins. "Go put it on, and we'll do your hair! Go, go, go!"

Twenty minutes later, you're standing in the empty, bare bathroom, with Roza doing your hair. She puts it up in an elegant bun, twisting smaller pieces down and curling them. You've never looked so professional in your life. She tops it off with diamond studs in yours ears, and a simple, diamond pendant necklace.

"You're ready. I called an Uber for you. Call me as soon as you're done. I want to hear everything!" she squeals. "I'll work on the house and wait for the next truck."

You nod, filled with an ache of nerves in your belly.

"Don't be scared. You'll ace this. Don't let the fear take over. Remember why we're here, yeah?" Roza said softly.

Quickly, you grab your purse and head outside. Your throat is dry and your head is spinning. The Uber pulls up, and you jump in, directing them to CBS.

And then off you go, to what could be one of the most life-changing events of your life...