Chapter Thirty-Two: Make Up, Part 1

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION: Turning Pages by Sleeping At Last *will cue music*}

"But in order to really do naughty...I think we need to go home," Matthew whispers in your ear.

"This does sort of feel wrong, doesn't it?" you murmur softly.

"I want to be able to go crazy," Matthew says huskily.

"Then lets go," you whisper, holding his gaze.

Within moments, you're both up and throwing your shoes on to scramble for the door. You step out into the living room and see Roza sitting there with headphones on. She slides them off her head and smiles at you.

"Going back?" she asks.

"Yeah...I'm sorry it's the middle of the night," you say apologetically.

Matthew lingers back in the bedroom, tying his shoes up, so you take the moment to sit down by Roza. "Thank you for everything you've done..." you sigh.

"You're my best friend, I wouldn't have it any other way. And just for the record," Roza says, lowering her voice so only you can hear it, "he's a catch. But we already knew that. He's not like other guys. He's really, really genuine, and he is so crazy about you, Y/N. Never forget that, okay?"

Your heart flutters at her words. "I won't. I know he's a real catch. We've known that for a while," you wink.

"Now you really know it," she winks back. "Call me tomorrow if you can, tell me all the juicy details." She squeezes your hand as Matthew comes out, smiling awkwardly.

"Thank you, Roza, for...letting me in," he blushes.

"Only for my girl," she grins. "I hope I didn't scare you too much."

"Sorry that I - uh - cried - um..." Matthew looks down at the floor.

"Don't apologize. You love her. I'd want nothing but tears in the situation," Roza laughs playfully. "You're in the clear, buddy. Don't worry."

Matthew and Roza share a look that suddenly makes you suspicious - it looks like they're up to something, but you don't bother asking. All you want is to go home with Matthew and make everything right again.

You smile at Roza once more, grab your purse and phone, and follow Matthew out to his car. On the porch, he stops and grabs you, pulling you to him and kissing you hard. It stuns you for a moment, but you relax against him soon.

"What was that for?" you whisper, grinning.

"Just because," Matthew smirks, kissing your nose and pulling you to his Mercedes wagon.

"Just because..." you echo with a giggle, climbing into the passenger seat.

The entire ride back you and Matthew talk and laugh about life, trying your best to keep your hands off each other. You're quickly back in Pasadena, at 5AM, and stumbling up to his front door.

For some reason you're whispering as you hurry inside, flipping lights on and dropping your stuff.

"There's something I want to show you," Matthew says excitedly, grabbing your hand and pulling you into the living room where one of the fireplaces is.

He leans down, reaching into the side of the fireplace and pulling out a small cup. You watch him curiously, wondering what on Earth it could be.

"This is - well - this is something kind of...well, you know, it's just me. This is the screw from my knee, from when I dislocated it years ago...and - I've - I've been waiting to give it to the right person one day. I want them to always have a part of me with them, to remember that was a huge turning point in my life. I was told I'd never walk again, and the fact that I did, and this screw was taken out and I was okay - I want the special someone I give it to to know that, and to know that they're the most special person in my life," Matthew explains.

You just wait quietly, a huge smile on your face.

*cue music*

"That special girl is you," he whispers, holding the cup out. "I want you to keep this."

You stare at the cup for a moment, then back up at him, whispering, "Really?"

"Really," he murmurs.

You take the cup from him and look at the screw.

"It symbolizes the overwhelming power to overcome something when you're told you can't," Matthew says softly.

"I'll make it a necklace," you smile, hugging it to your chest before setting it on the table beside you. "Thank you...C'mere." You grab him and pull his lips to meet yours. He embraces you tightly, resting his hand on the small of your back while the other reaches up into your hair.

"I can't live without you, ever," Matthew whispers between kisses.

You gently tug at his lip with your teeth, fluttering your lashes at him. "Good thing you won't have to then, huh?"

Matthew lifts you up, his hands resting under your butt, and knocks you onto the couch. He flips the fireplace on, grabs blankets from a nearby closet, and within moments has a small nest prepared. He then grabs your feet and drags you off the couch and onto the sea of blankets, where he proceeds to strip all your clothing off.

You feel like you're floating on a cloud as he takes his clothes off, too, and starts kissing from your toes up to your lips. The heat from the fire starts to warm you up, and you feel a sweat start to break across your body.

Matthew laces his fingers with yours and pushes your arms over your head, resting his body flat against your own.

"So do you want to start that make up sex now?" Matthew whispers in your ear.

Your heart feels like it's in your throat. "Can we?"

"We have all day..." he murmurs.

Your stomach churns in excitement. Sex all day with Matthew? The answer was obvious.

"Then of course I want to start it," you grin up at him.

{to be continued soon sorry guys I have to go out. THERE WILL BE MORE TONIGHT!}