Chapter Twenty-Six: Nightmare

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION: Au Revoir by One Republic }

You sit up in the bed with Matthew, who is sound asleep. Over the past week, he's made an amazing recovery. Any swelling had reduced in his face, and though he was still bruised and red, he could talk normally. His arm was in a cast for another month, but he was able to move around with a lot less pain. His appetite had returned to normal, and his normal self was starting to shine back through.

Lately you've been having trouble sleeping, and you know it's due to the fact that you're worried about Matthew and his health. Though the doctors are constantly reassuring you he's okay, you can't help but be concerned about him. It was the dead of night and the room was completely quiet. Out of nowhere, Matthew starts to yelp.

You set your book down on the table by the bed, turning to him to see if he's awake.

"No, please, stop..." he whimpers, still asleep. A look of pain crosses his face.

"Matthew?" you nudge him gently.

He doesn't respond. He starts screaming and flailing then, his machines beeping louder and faster.

"MATTHEW!" you put your hands on his face, shaking it gently. "HEY!!!"

He snaps awake, drenched in sweat and gasping for air. He looks around frantically, as though he doesn't know where he is for a split second. His eyes land on yours and his breathing begins to slow.

"It was a dream?" he whimpers.

"Just a dream," you murmur, taking his hand.

"Oh my god..." he sighs in relief, looking down at the ground. The machines still read his heart rate as being relatively high.

"It's okay..." you say, reaching out and stroking across his cheek. "It wasn't real."

"It felt real," he frowns. "Someone was trying to hurt you, and I - I couldn't get to you. They made me watch as they attacked you, and there was nothing I could do..." His voice turns into a squeak. "I let you down..."

"Hey now..." you murmur, taking his face in your hands and making him look at you. "You never let me down. You're definitely dreaming if you ever think you're letting me down, Matthew."

He looks in your eyes, finding that you're being 100% true. Slowly, a smile reaches across his face - something he can finally do again.

"Will you kiss me?" he whispers softly, keeping his eyes locked on yours.

You giggle and lean in to press your lips to his. The little bit of sweat left on his face drips across his lips, giving them a salty taste. As soon as your lips hit his, electricity spreads from your core to every inch of your body. His hands reach up into your hair - obviously he felt it too - and he pulls you closer against him.

There are no other words that need to be said to get across what the two of you want to do - need to do. All the worry and fear that had built up between the two of you was at its highest. What better way to reassure than seriously passionate lovemaking?

But you worried. You worried it was way too soon. It'd been just barely over a week since the crash - though he was making immensely fast improvements, you couldn't bear the thought of him hurting any more at all.

Then there was the part of you that craved this lovemaking, that passion, the bodies pressed into one...and there was no way you could resist it. It was also extremely obvious that he didn't want you to resist it either.

Your hands reach around to the back of his gown, which is held together by one simple little clip, and you let it go. It drops off him like paper, falling around the bed and leaving him completely naked in your arms.........

{TO BE CONTINUED VERY SOON GUYS I HAVE TO GO TO DINNER AND THEN TONIGHT I'LL WRITE SOME MORE LATER ON AND I PROMISE IT WILL BLOW YOUR MINDS ;) Maybe lovegubler will talk to me now.....)