Chapter Eight: The Cast Party, Part 4

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELCTION: FINAL DANCE SONG: All This Time by OneRepublic }

The rest of the evening goes by in a complete blur. Matthew doesn't leave your side as you walk around, talking to the rest of the cast, sitting around tables laughing and drinking and eating with everyone. You and Matthew talk about everything, from your favorite color to your biggest fears. You tell him you want to be an actress, how you only came out here with one friend, your aspirations for being on the big screen - and he listened graciously. You compare superstitions - from mismatching socks to walking under ladders.

It gets later and later, but you and Matthew continue to talk, sitting side by side at a small round table. When an announcers informs everyone that the last song for the night will be played, Matthew grabs your hand.

"I guess we better put ten dances into this one dance. Are you ready for this?" His lips twitch up in a smile, and your heart soars.

"Oh, I'm ready," you giggle. You're more comfortable than ever with him.

The music begins to play, and you hear it's All This Time by OneRepublic. Your heart tightens.

"This is one of my favorite songs in the world," you whisper.

"Mine too," Matthew murmurs, leading you to the center of the dance floor like always. "A beautiful way to end a splendid evening." He slides his arms around your waist as he says his words, taking your right hand in his.

You smile at him, and he smiles back. A million questions begin to run through your mind - is this a one time thing? Are you going to have another night like this with him? You start working Monday, so you'll have to see him again. But what will happen? What will he do? Would he just bid you goodbye tonight, and you'd see him Monday? You wanted to know all the answers so badly, but you needed to enjoy these last moments with Matthew. The song was too beautiful to not enjoy. You could ask those questions later.

"Are you ready for the best slow dance of your life?" Matthew whispers just before the chorus.

"I'm ready," you grin back.

He holds you close to him, almost in more of a big embrace than anything else. The song was almost too perfect a match for the moment. Your heart swelled at the words, "All this time we were waiting for each other..."

Was it true?

Suddenly, Matthew spins you back, grabbing your fingers at the last second and pulling you back into his chest. His eyes lock with yours, and he whispers, "You make me feel magical."

A shiver runs up your spine as he spins you around him again, dipping you down to the floor.

"You really can dance," you murmur to him as he sways with you.

"Only because of you," he whispers back with a shy smile. "If it were anyone else, I wouldn't be this good."

The two of you continue to take over the dance floor, soaring around it, a tangled mess of coordinated arms and legs. You don't even realize that everyone else stopped dancing and began to watch you and Matthew. You're back in your bubble with him.

Your emotions are completely welled up inside you, wanting so badly to burst out. All you want is to kiss him, kiss him and show him how you feel, that it's not just the fact that he's Matthew Gray Gubler, but it's the fact that you two connected, you bonded in a way that you never had with anyone else.

All of these emotions tear through you as you spin around the floor with Matthew, surrounded by a crowd in awe, and all of a sudden you find the song coming to an end. And as it ends, you feel Matthew pull you against him.

Only this time, he doesn't stop pulling you in. He pulls you in until your lips slam against his.

And it's not just a kiss.

Oh, no. It's much more than that.

As soon as your lips hit his, you know he's the one.